Birthday Present

The morning sun shined directly on Julie's face, waking her with its gentle rays. Taking a deep breath, she opened her eyes and stared at her ceiling. Today was the day! She was turning eighteen and would finally meet her wolf.

She took a deep breath and smelled bacon in the air. She took another deep breath and smelled maple syrup. Bacon and warmed maple syrup—yum! Her Mom certainly knew how to make a birthday girl feel special.

Julie grinned as the promise of bacon and syrup motivated her to get out of bed. She threw her blankets off her body, bounced out of bed, ran a brush through her dark red hair, and raced out of her room and down the stairs. Her feet hit the kitchen floor, and she stopped to inspect what was waiting for her.

"Morning, Sweetheart." her Mom called from the stove, supervising the crisping bacon.

"Morning, Mom." Julie walked over and hugged her Mom from behind, stealing a piece of bacon from the plate next to the stove.

"Hey, wait your turn." her mom said, smacking her hand.

Julie popped the bacon into her mouth and grinned at her successful snatch. Her Mom chuckled and went back to cooking. Julie sat down and saw all her favorites on the table.

"Morning, Munchkin," her dad kissed the top of her head as he joined her at the table.

"Morning Dad. Do you work today?" Julie asked.

"I do, baby girl, but I'll be home early. I'll be picking up the drinks on my way home," he said.

"I thought we had all the food ready to go for my party?" Julie poured warm syrup all over her french toast.

"Your Dad is just picking up a few last-minute items, Sweetie." her Mom said. She placed the tray of crisp bacon on the table and took her seat.

Julie filled her plate with bacon and dug into the french toast, "Remind me again when I'm to expect my wolf to appear?"

"As if you've forgotten?" Her Mom said with a smile.

Julie smiled as her dad answered, "Your wolf should start trying to talk to you anytime after the time you were born, which in your case is after 4 pm. So when your guests start arriving tonight for your birthday party, you'll probably know the instant your mate arrives. His scent will draw you to him."

Julie grinned in anticipation. She already knew who she hoped her mate would be. Her best friend, Nathan, had been her companion all through their childhood. Wouldn't it be perfect if that continued for the rest of their lives? Her parents had been childhood lovers and she just knew she would be the same. Nathan was the love of her life.

Her mother placed an envelope next to her plate, "This is the first of your birthday presents. We thought we'd spring this one on you first so you can squeal over them with your friends at school."

"Them?" Julie asked as she opened the envelope, looked inside, and screamed. "OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH!" Inside the envelope were four tickets to her favorite Kpop group, Midnight. They were doing their first American tour and sold out every venue.

"I can't believe this! How- This concert sold out in 10 minutes. How did you get tickets?" Julie held the precious tickets to her chest. She could hardly believe this was real.

"We are well aware how hard they were to get. Do you have any idea how stressed your Dad and I were that day? Remind me never to buy such hot tickets again. Trying to get through the website before it crashed was more nerve-wracking than the day regular humans found out that werewolves were real." Her mom let out a huge sigh as her Dad chuckled.

"We each tried for two tickets. We figured that at least one of us would get through. Imagine our surprise that we both succeeded. So, now you can take the whole crew and have a great time." Her Dad said.

Julie grinned as she held the precious tickets in her hands. "Midnight" was not only the hottest K-pop group on the planet, but they also had one quality that made them her favorite band.

They were werewolves, just like her.

*****

A/N : This is not a BTS fanfic.  The Kpop group are original characters.  I will be including older favorite Kpop videos for each chapter so just have fun.  As this story is called My Mate is an Idol, I thought BTS's Idol would be a good video to start with.