Excited Friends

Screaming erupted in the school hallway. Heads turned to see what the commotion was. Nobody could make out a word over the screams of 4 girls clustered in a hysterical group, jumping up and down and yelling at each other. Julie didn't have to worry about going deaf at the concert, the screams of her friends were going to do the job first.

"You got tickets!" one screamed. "We're going to the concert!" screamed another. Only hysterical crying could be understood from the babble coming out of the third.

"Hey, hey, hey, keep it down, ladies"  Nathan walked up to the hysterical group of girls

"Hey, hey, hey, keep it down, ladies" Nathan walked up to the hysterical group of girls. His tall lean figure allowed him to look down on the screaming group of girls. Nathan's blond locks were windswept and just covering his ears. His blue eyes looked on in confusion and amusement at the fuss the girls were making. "Now what is this all about?"

"My parents only got me the hottest tickets on the planet." Julie flashed the 4 pieces of paper in her hand. Her friends jumped and screamed all over again.

Nathan rolled his eyes, well versed in the kpop obsession of his best friend. "Well, then, keep freaking out, I'll see you at lunch." He lightly touched her back with his hand before making a quick retreat before the screaming could damage his sensitive wolf hearing.

"I can't believe this, we get to see Midnight!" Darcy yelled.

"I"m going to die at this concert, just warning you all right now!" cried Stacy.

"I never thought we'd get a chance to see them when the tickets sold out so fast," Elizabeth said. They had all tried to get tickets with no luck. It had been devastating when the site crashed only to discover when it came back up that all tickets had already been sold. The four tickets in Julie's hands were more precious than gold.

"We'll have to go shopping immediately!" Darcy said. She was the fashionista of the group and an important event like this would demand new clothes.

"Thank goodness the concert is in two days, we have Julie's first shift and party to do first," Elizabeth said.

"Wouldn't it be great is one of them ended up being our mate?" Stacy sighed. She had shifted just a few weeks earlier and had not found her mate yet.

"Wouldn't a mate complicate your plans for medical school?" Julie asked.

"We're talking the sexy eye candy of Midnight here," Stacy sighed, "I wouldn't mind giving any one of them a personal medical checkup." The girls giggled at the naughty thought.

"Okay, who wants to bet how fast it will take Taekwoon to rip his shirt off?" Darcy said with a naughty grin.

"That boy has an aversion to clothing that's unhealthy," Elizabeth said.

"That "boy" has enough chocolate abs to give Hershey's a run for its money. His body is fine and I can't wait to drool over it in person," Stacy smirked.

"You aren't the only one, have you heard the rumors?" Elizabeth said with distaste.

"Who cares who he's sleeping with? He's hot, sexy and the most wanted man on the planet. I'd be taking advantage of it, too." Stacy rolled her eyes, "Besides, it's not like any of them are mated yet."

"Stacy, you and your wolf need a mate. Your libido needs to get checked." Elizabeth teased

Stacy punched Elizabeth in the arm and they both laughed.

"Sexy wolf boys aside, we all know who Julie wants to be her mate," Darcy said knowingly.

Julie blushed as she remembered the feel of Nathan's hand on her back this morning. He was never obvious, but ever since his first shift, she felt that he'd been touching her more, almost like he couldn't help himself. She hoped that meant what she thought it did.

"Don't get your hopes up to high. Most mates are the last people you expect." Stacy warned.

"Oh don't be a killjoy, Stacy, " Elizabeth said, "Her own parents were childhood friends, it's not out of the realm of possibility. Most people find their mates in their own packs."

"Inbreeding at its finest. You'd think the Moon Goddess would want more genetic diversity in her wolves."

"Werewolves are found all over the world. It's not like we're going extinct." Julie said defensively. It would be a lie to say Julie wasn't a little worried about what would happen this evening. She'd been in love with Nathan for years and would be devastated if he didn't get to be hers. Nathan had shifted two months ago and had not found his mate and so she nursed her hope that their wolves would be a match.