Seokmin's Mission

Julie sat quietly on the examination table as Dr. Park examined her shoulder. She winced as the doctor dabbed ointment over the four slash marks that crossed her upper arm to her shoulder.

"Fortunately for you, werewolves heal quickly. These will probably be closed up by tonight. You'll have a couple of light scars in a couple of days. Just keep it bandaged through tomorrow morning to make sure infection doesn't set in." Dr. Park was quick and deft as she finished applying the medicine and wrapped her shoulder.

"So she won't need stitches?" Elizabeth asked.

"Werewolves rarely need stitches unless they are hurt deep enough to have internal bleeding. For surface injuries, most wounds are closed and healing well inside of 24 hours. I'd recommend wearing tank tops until you can remove that bandage." Julie was relieved she wouldn't be injured for long. She felt a little awkward sitting on the table in just her exercise leggings and bra. Darcy had left to go get some clothes for her to wear so she wouldn't aggravate her bandaged shoulder.

I will make sure to move faster next time. We should not be hurt, especially by that type of wolf. Jewels was more upset that Michelle got in a lucky swing then having actually taken damage.

"I thought you respected her wolf?" Julie asked Jewels.

She was acting rashly. I only said what I did to defuse the situation. She is just as much of a danger as Nathan is. I will be more aware of our surroundings now. I will not let you get hurt. Julie understood her sentiment. She would never deliberately do something to get Jewels hurt either.

"Let me go. I want to see her and make sure she's okay," they could hear the sound of a distressed male voice yelling from down the hallway. Julie smiled as she identified her mate's voice.

"Oh boy, we better let him in here. Nothing is worse than a worried mate." the doctor commented. She looked at Julie's half undressed state. "Do you have a problem with him seeing you like this? I know you guys are taking pains to not mate until later."

"I'm fine, you can let him come in." Julie could feel Jewels' happiness that their mate was checking up on them.

The doctor left the room and soon Jaeson walked in. His manner was more reserved and calm than he'd been just a few moments ago. He walked softly over to her and looked her over. He seemed to be deliberately not looking at her chest and just focusing on her bandaged shoulder. She could have kissed him at that moment.

"I'm sorry you had to deal with her alone," Jaeson said slowly. "Is it bad?" He kept raising his hands to her shoulder as if touching her would confirm to him that she was alright. He didn't want to hurt her and so never actually touched her.

Julie smiled at her mate and leans in and gave him a peck on the lips. "I'm fine. Doc says the wound was superficial and should be closed by the morning. How did you get away from the fans?"

Jaeson smiled but it didn't reach his eyes, "Your dad and a few warriors came in and intervened. We signed a lot of paper though and took a few pictures to quiet the clamor down for the moment. Mingyu went after Nathan, but it looks like he lost him. Your dad went after Michelle, they have her with your Alpha. I'm not going to let you out of my sight until I know you're safe." Jaeson touched Julie's forehead with his own. He closed his eyes and just took in the warmth and scent of her.

Our mate is more beautiful than anyone else. Both her human and wolf forms are pleasing to the eye. Jaeson couldn't help but chuckle at his wolf's comment.

"What?" Julie looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Nothing, Jay is very pleased with how beautiful his mate is." Julie started to giggle in an embarrassed way at his words.