You smell like...

As Julie stood at the top of the stairs she was amazed at how clearly she could hear everyone. Voices that should be mumbled were now crystal clear. She took a deep breath to steady her nerves at her new ability and was assaulted with new scents and flavors.

None of these people are our mate. Her wolf said with disappointment.

"I should hope not, they are my parents and my best friends" Julie chuckled.

That would not be appropriate.

Julie laughed as she stepped downstairs. She was amazed at the new awareness she had of those around her. She could smell Stacy's wolf and the sunflower smell surrounding her. Elizabeth was vanilla and cinnamon. Her Mom's scent reminded her of the wildflowers growing out back and her Dad reminded her of oil and leather.

We will always know who is around us by their scent. Stacy guessed nobody would be able to sneak up and scare her anymore. Bonus.

"How are you feeling, Sweetie?" her Mom came over and gave her a long look.

"There is a lot of new information to absorb. " Julie said feeling a little dazed. "You smell like wildflowers, Mom."

Her mother smiled and nodded, "It does take a little getting used to."

"My wolf also is using my childhood nickname. She won't tell me her real name." Julie said with concern.

'My wolf still hasn't told me her real name either," Stacy said from across the room.

"What? They don't tell you their real names?" Elizabeth paused in hanging up the lights around the windows as she looked at everyone.

"That comes in time," Mom said. "Right now, your wolf is still trying to get her bearings and get used to being in someone else's body. They usually reveal their names when they find their mate and finally feel like they belong to this world."

"Ah, that would explain why mine hasn't told me her name yet," Stacy shrugged and turned back to what she was doing.

Julie looked at her friends and then looked at her Mom and shook her head, "How long does it take to get used to everything?"

"Relax, hon, give yourself a week and you will hardly remember what it was like before she came into your life." Her mom gave her another hug and went back to prepping the food.

Julie let out a big sigh and then patted herself on her cheeks to perk herself back up. Everything would be okay. She hoped.

The party was in full swing. Lights flashed, music thumped and food and drinks were being consumed by all the guests. Julie was busy receiving birthday wishes from her guests and trying to control her anticipation. A hundred people were at her party, so far, and not one of them smelled like her mate. Her new increased sense of smell meant that she learned a bunch of new things about her friends and classmates she never knew before. She could tell who was sleeping together...that caused a few surprises. Interestingly enough, none of the jocks in the group smelled like they had been with Michelle. Julie figured she'd have to stop making that particular bad joke. The crowd was dancing to the music and even the human classmates who had been brave enough to come to her party were having a good time. Everyone knew that she could now find a mate so that meant there were a few human males that had hoped they would fit the bill. That caused Julie to smile.

"Any luck yet?" Elizabeth asked, trying to talk over the music.

"Nope, although, my new nose has figured out that Daniel and Carrie are sleeping together." Julie nodded to two people who were busy ignoring each other.