Secret Heart

Julie sat at her desk working on her English paper. It was the final paper of the year and she wanted to get it finished as soon as possible so she could relax before graduation. As she worked, her eyes kept straying to her phone. The concert ended an hour ago, so Jaeson should be done with the VIP meeting soon. Julie tried to refocus on her homework, her pen scratching the paper but offering no relief from her anticipation.

The phone pinged with an incoming text and Julie grabbed it quickly. Opening the message, a picture opened and there was Jaeson and the boys smiling in front of a huge ocean of fans. The selfie was the first of several pictures to come through and Julie swiped through each picture, feeling as if she was there with him. There were moments on stage and behind the scenes that she knew Jaeson was only sharing with her. It helped her feel close to him even though he was so far away. She had been worried at first that he would soon forget her as he was loved and adored by so many, but she shouldn't have worried. Jaeson never forgot her for a moment.

How is your paper coming along? Jaeson texted.

Slowly. I can't concentrate. I keep thinking about you and it blows my concentration. Julie replied

You're thinking of me? I guess I shouldn't complain but it's important for you to graduate. I can't mate with a high schooler. Julie laughed.

I think I'm getting the better end of the deal. I'll get a hot celebrity to mate with.

I am pretty hot. Millions scream for me, what more could I ask for? Julie rolled her eyes and laughed. Her man was a jokester and was always willing to poke fun at his lifestyle.

Julie's phone rang and she answered it. "Hello there, hot stuff"

"You know, there is only one person's screams that I want to hear." Jaeson said in a sexy semi-serious tone.

"Will you even be able to hear mine after all the screaming fans?" Julie teased.

"If I can't, Jay will hear it for me." they both laughed.

"I see the concert went well. You guys look like you're having so much fun."

"It is fun, but so exhausting. Since I left your side 32 days ago, we've had 15 shows and who knows how many other schedules and we're tired. All I keep thinking is that each show finished brings me closer to coming back to you.

Julie could hear the exhaustion creeping into her lover's voice. "Good thing for werewolf stamina. You need to get some sleep, I shouldn't keep you up so late."

"I can't sleep, not until I have talked to you. I couldn't rest until I heard your voice. You really are the only woman I want to hear in my ear." Jaeson said. Julie could hear him getting into his bed in whatever hotel they were staying in. Their US tour had concluded successfully and they were now in Europe taking them by storm.

"Well, I'll just have to comfort myself that you'll dream of me since I can't snuggle you." Julie said softly.

"Hmmmmm, that I can do. I dream of you every night, always. Oh, this bed is so comfortable. I wish you were here with me in it." Jaeson snuggled in.

"If I was there, you'd never get any sleep." Julie teased. Jewels agreed with that statement.

"Oh, but what a way to get tired."

"Go to sleep now, handsome. I love you." Julie crooned softly.

"Saraghae, Julie. Goodnight. Stay safe" Jaeson replied in a sleepy voice.

Julie hung up the phone and put her homework away. Her eyes glanced automatically outside her window. She could see the black van down the street from her window and she knew they were there keeping her and her family safe. Her family had been under constant guard since the attack but things had been quiet since Midnight had left. She dismissed the van and got ready for bed and snuggled under her covers, content that she was still the center of Jaeson's world. The last month had been hard, but it was getting easier as she got used to the lack of Jaeson's presence in her life. He had come into her world like a tornado and she was only now starting to get used to the idea that her life that could never be the same.