Unstable Situations

The room was somber as Mingyu related what he had seen in the forest. Seokmin and the Alpha, Brian, sat in Brian's private office so they couldn't be overheard. Seokmin looked down at his feet in thought and the Alpha's face became grimmer at the mention of the well-dressed man mixing with the rogues.

"Would you be able to recognize these men if you saw them again?" The Alpha asked.

"The rogue looked like any other, but the lighter well-dressed man would be easier to spot. We should be able to recognize him again." Mingyu looked at the Alpha seriously. "Shall I return to the forest?"

"No, you have done enough. You are supposed to be resting this week, not fighting battles with rogues."

Seokmin gave the Alpha a serious look, "The mate of one of our pack is potentially in danger, do you think we will stand aside while she is at risk?"

"That is not what I meant. We've been dealing with rogues for a while now. Our extensive forests have been their haven in a time where werewolf packs are becoming more integrated and less isolated. They have behaved up to this point and left the packs alone. As long as they were willing to be peaceful, we were willing to leave them alone. That has changed in the last few months. Something has stirred them up. This is frankly the first clue we've had to the unrest. We will be following up on the location your man has given us and see what we turn up."

"We are supposed to leave in a few days, if Jaeson feels his mate is in danger, he won't leave her behind. Taking her with us isn't the best option but we will do it if we don't feel she is safe here." Seokmin stood up and faced the Alpha. "We know you are a good Alpha, but we have a tour to finish and can't have a member distracted by the safety of his mate."

Alpha Brian stood up, "I understand completely and in your shoes, I'd probably do the same. You have 4 more days before you leave, let's see what we can do in that time. Julie still needs to continue training and she has the challenge to deal with. Leaving isn't in her best interests at this time. Can you really tell me that she'd be all that much safer in your hands, especially if the fans start questioning why a girl is following your group?"

"Until she is safely mated to Jaeson, nothing is for certain. I'll have to touch base with our Alpha to see the best course." Seokmin appeared indecisive about what to do.

"I'll call your Alpha and check with him, but for the time being, continue helping the kids with their training, relax and let my people do what they are good at." Alpha Brian urged. "We'll make another call in 4 days if nothing changes." Seokmin could only nod. He wasn't an Alpha and couldn't make the final call.

Back at the cabin, Seokmin was joined by Mingyu, Hoon, Jeon, and Jungwoo. This last caused Seokmin some surprise. "I thought you were supposed to be with Jaeson?"

"Some discussions need to happen in private," Jungwoo replied in his quiet way.

"This would not be the time for mistakes to happen," Seokmin warned.

"Don't worry, there was no danger of me mating tonight." Jaeson quipped as he came bounding in through the door. This caused his hyungs to all turn in surprise. "The same, however, could not be said for Taekwoon."

Seokmin just shook his head, it didn't take a genius to figure out what Taekwoon was up to and with whom. "Be careful as you guys run through the forest. I was informed that there is a pack of rogues who actually live on the outskirts of it who, until recently, had been living away on their own. They are starting to make their presence known and the last thing I need is for any of you to get hurt."

"Is Julie in danger?" Jaeson asked, instantly on edge.

"No, there is no indication that anyone is in danger, just that I want you guys to be careful. We have that group that would love to keep us from touring and I don't want to give them any opportunities to follow through on their threats." Seokmin regarded each of them in turn.