Who is your Bias?

Voices chatting woke Julie from sleep. Julie opened her eyes to see Stacy, Darcy, and Elizabeth sitting on chairs in the dining room. Julie moved onto her back and she extended her limbs, pointing her fingers and toes in a long stretch. A loud yawn escaped her lips as she sat up catching the attention of her friends.

"Well, look who's awake?" Stacy said with a smile.

"Sleeping Beauty finally makes an appearance," quipped Darcy.

I've been awake for a while now, you slept for a long time. Jewels sounded grouchy.

Ignoring them, Julie stood up and took stock of how she was feeling. She had hurt so much after the shifts that moving had been torture, but now she felt...alive and powerful. No pain.

"How long was I asleep?" she asked her friends.

"A whole day. It's after 4 PM." Elizabeth informed her.

"I slept on the couch for over 12 hours and I don't even feel stiff," she said in amazement.

"That's the wolf. You will heal quicker than before and shifting will no longer hurt. That first shift takes a lot out of you and your wolf. Remember how I slept almost 18 hrs afterward?" Stacy said.

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that," Julie said. "Are my parents at work?"

"They are, they said they'd be home with dinner at the regular time. We're your babysitters" Darcy laughed.

Julie giggled at the idea and sat down at the table. "So, what are we doing now?" She asked them.

Darcy gasped, "Did you forget what is happening tomorrow?" Stacy and Elizabeth exchanged amused glances.

"Oh my gosh, the concert!" Julie said with a start.

"That's right, sleeping beauty, and we still need to go shopping," Stacy replied.

"Don't worry, my expedition yesterday yielded some excellent results. I came bearing gifts." Darcy ran to the front door where she had left a couple of bags and brought them to the table. She pulled out an ensemble for each girl. Elizabeth had a midnight blue dress shirt with black leggings. Stacy was in a purple tank top, see-through overshirt and miniskirt. Darcy placed an emerald green shirt and low rise black jeans in front of Julie.

The girls tried on their selections and Julie saw an immediate problem with her outfit. "I don't have the underwear for this style of jeans. This is far sexier than I normally go for."

Darcy pulls out a small pink bag, "Who loves you?" The girls laugh while Julie groaned at the very tiny thong inside.

"This scrap of lace doesn't count as underwear. I'm better off going commando," Julie threw it on the table.

"Well that's one way to catch a mate's attention," Stacy quipped and the girls cracked up laughing.

"Maybe your mate will be at the concert," Elizabeth said.

"Thousands of screaming fangirls?" Julie raised a brow.

"Hey, Midnight has fanboys, too. You never know." Elizabeth urged.

"The world knows that werewolves mate for life. You know every fan going to this concert will be dying to be the one those guys are looking for." Stacy said.

"I just want the mate destined for me," Julie sighed.

"Who would you pick to be your mate out of Midnight?" Darcy asked the group.

"Give me Taekwoon," Stacy purred.

"With his reputation?" Elizabeth rolled her eyes.

"Exactly," Stacy raised her eyebrows suggestively, "that boy knows what he's doing."