The Boys of Midnight

The cheering reverberated in every hallway of the stadium. Thousands of fans, drunk on the adrenaline high of concert overload sang and yelled fan chants, cheering for their boys as the lucky few lined up with their backstage passes. Each girl hugged her precious ticket as it carried her wish to find her eternal mate among the handsome boys. Could there be anything better than finding you were the destined mate of your ultimate bias in your favorite group?

As each girl went backstage, she gushed  with awe of how handsome each boy was in person. Jungwoo's silence and reserved nature carried a sexy air of mystery. The playful side of the maknae line was in full force with Jeon, Hoon and Jaeson teasing each girl till she would giggle and get shy, delighting in the attention. Taekwoon still hadn't replaced his ripped shirt and more than one girl wanted a picture with his half-naked body, treasuring each sweat drop that got on her clothes. A few even wondered if they could get away with licking him clean or if the ever-present bodyguards would prevent them from claiming a night with the sexy dancer." Mingyu was happily signing autographs and taking pictures and Seokmin was watching over the crew and being good-natured for each girl. All too soon the bodyguards guided out each fan as they cried and yelled their love for each member. Each girl went home crying, crushed that they hadn't turned out to be the mate they were looking for.

"Why do we do VIP visits after the show? We're already exhausted and then we have to put on our game faces and humor them all." Jungwoo complained.

Mingyu smiled at the familiar gripe, " If you find some extra time in all the concert prep we do before the show, let us know, will you?"

Jungwoo growled as they gathered their bags, picking up dropped items and clothing. Assistants were busy taking care of each boy in their charge.

Jaeson had a moment of panic when his phone went missing only to find it was in Seokmin's bag where their leader had put it for safekeeping. "Seokmin, you're going to be the death of me." Seokmin could only smile at his youngest member.

Jaeson checked his phone to see if there was a waiting message but the lock screen showed no notification alerts. Sighing, he put the phone in his back pocket and grabbed his bag.

Hoon threw his arm around Jaeson causing him to look up from the empty message screen. "Don't sweat it, I'm sure she's busy right now. Its a 16hr time difference between here and South Korea."

"She knows how I feel about her and she just keeps ignoring me." Jaeson shrugged off Hoon's arm and picked up his bag. Looking at his phone last time he walked out of the dressing room towards the bus. Hoon and Seokmin exchanged concerned glances and followed him to the bus taking them back to their hotel.

Amid the screams of fans, they walked to the bus. Jaeson took a long look at the girls yelling from behind the barricades that kept them from surrounding the bus. He sniffed the air, checking the scents around him and sighed in disappointment.

Our mate wasn't at this concert, either. Must they make so much noise? Jaeson's wolf dismissed the hordes of screaming girls as none of them were his chosen mate.

"We wouldn't have the opportunity to hunt our mate around the world without all that noise. They make this possible." Jaeson chuckled quietly as his wolf grunted.

They waved and flirted with the fans and then each one climbed aboard and found a seat. The soundproof windows dampened the noise level and each one sat with a sigh as the sound barrage of so many people yelling went down. Once they were all loaded and the doors closed, the sound cut off and they could no longer hear the screams. As they got comfortable they removed the special earpieces they used to protect their sensitive hearing. Unlike the ear monitors they used during the performance that drown out all sound, these allowed them to still hear people talking to them, just at a much lower level.