Jewels

It was quickly approaching 4 o'clock and Julie was pacing in her bedroom while preparations for the party were going on downstairs. Her friends were helping her mom set up for the party while she waited nervously for the first words from her wolf. As she paced, she didn't see the Midnight posters are on her wall. She didn't pay attention to the navy blue dress laid out on her bedspread waiting for her to get dressed for the party. She didn't stare at the four concert tickets sitting on her desk. She didn't pay attention to the voices downstairs. She kept her eyes closed and paced her room blindly waiting for that moment to come.

 She kept her eyes closed and paced her room blindly waiting for that moment to come

A knock sounded and made Julie jump in surprise. In walked her mother with some juice. She took one look at her nervous daughter and smiled in complete understanding. "I was nervous too when I was waiting for my wolf to come."

"What if we don't get along?" Julie asked.

"That's always a possibility, but rare, honey." her mother said. She walked over to her daughter, placed the juice on her dresser, and then enveloped her in a hug. "Relax, she's going to love you. You are as much fated to be together as the mate you both will find. The Moon Goddess gives people the wolf they need."

"I'm not sure what I'm more nervous about, meeting my wolf or the first shift. Why did you tell me how painful the first time will be? I'm in knots over this." Julie hugged her mother even harder. Her mother sat her down on the bed and took the chair by the desk.

"It would be stupid of me not to prepare you for this challenging time

"It would be stupid of me not to prepare you for this challenging time. When your wolf arrives, all she's going to want is her mate and to make pups. You have to control her instincts so that you don't both end up in a mess, losing the life you want to build for the excitement of a fast mating. Women used to just give in to the marking and heat and start families early. You are only 18 and pups can wait till both of you are older and ready for them. You just have to wait and not get marked right away. It will take the control of both you and your mate to stop your wolves from completing the mating ritual so that you can grow up a little more first. They will pout and whine at first, but they are young when they first arrive and more instinctive. It doesn't take them long to catch up with you and mature, though. Things calm down a lot after the first year and they are no longer pups themselves."