Chapter Fourteen

I did it.
I've finally done it.
I've escaped all of my demons.
I didn't go to Italy, that would have been way to obvious. I decided to move to a small town in Maine. Since I've always wanted to open a boutique, I decided that a small town would be the best place. It might not be the most  elaborate place to open one but I have just always liked the way small town feels. Of course, I haven't opened- or even started it yet. I need to make a plan. I have taken $10,000 from Cade's, which is enough to cover four months rent for this cute little apartment I found and there should be $4,000 left for other expenses.  After finding my apartment, I began my job hunt. Luck must be in the air because I got a job as a waitress in a little coffee shop. The pay isn't that well so I also got a job working in a bridal shop and a job at a bartender. The first two are perfect because I love coffee and want to open a boutique. I have a five step plan. Step one: work as much as I can during the day and take online classes on how to open a boutique for a year. By that time I should have enough of money for step two. Step two: Buy a cute place to open my boutique. I will still be working both of my jobs but no longer taking classes. in all of my spare time I will be getting my boutique ready. I think I will name it My Love Cade so I never forget him. If I succeed in opening it i'll owe it all to him. Step three: once I have everything in place and enough money saved up for me to survive on I open my store. Step four: make money, and maybe, if I think I can handle it, make another boutique. I want all of this to happen within five years. I know it's not that much time- considering everything that i want to do- but with a lot of hard work and late nights I think I might just be able to handle it.

I'm currently waiting in line at Walmart. I figured I should buy food now so that way I have it for when I have time to eat. I stole Cade's laptop because I didn't want to waste money on it. I found my old phone in Cade's closet so I don't need to buy that either, although I did need  to sign up for sprint.

After finishing up putting my groceries away I realize that it is almost time for work so I put on my waitress dress, that is the perfect size unlike most places where the uniform is way to small. I french braid my hair so that it isn't in my way while I work. I grab my  uniforms for my other jobs because I won't have time to stop at home. I walk to work since it is only a ten minute walk from my apartment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hi welcome to Cami's Cafe, may I take you order." I ask them politely. The owner of this cafe is on a trip so I have yet to meet her. Her name sound so familiar... Cami Jacobs. Where have I heard that name before?

"Can I have a medium iced hazelnut latte with cream and sugar and a red velvet cupcake."  She says in a shy voice. She has a bruise poorly hid with makeup on her face. I have to ask her about that before I leave.

"That will be $4.78." I say and she hands me a five. I give her her change and notice cuts on her wrist. It must be bad.

"Have a seat anywhere and I will bring you your things." I tell her as she nods her head and goes to sit at a table near the window. I make her coffee and give her a freshly baked cupcake. I go back behind the counter, getting ready to tell the manager I'm going to take my break, when all of a sudden this angry, drunk man storms in.

"Freya get the fuck over here now before I beat your ass!" I try to go but my manager holds me back.

"He'll just hurt you too. He's a gang leader." Fuck this. I know what she's going through- hell I lived what she's going through. And nobody deserves that life. I wouldn't even wish that on my worst enemy.

"Hey you get the hell away from her. I can guarantee you will get a broken nose if you don't leave." I say right before he reaches her table. He stops in his tracks, clearly  never having been disrespected before. I can see the fear in her eyes, I held the same in my own for the longest time.

"And who the hell do you think you are disrespecting me, a king like that." He shouts turning around so I can see his face. I look into his eyes and see nothing but darkness.

" Well I think that I am clearly the only person with a brain around here, considering that nobody else is standing up to help a  girl with bruises. I know that I'll probably get fired for not just letting you take her but the thing is, I don't fucking care! I'd rather die than watch an innocent girl go with somebody that looks like they have abusive traits, especially since she has bruises." I say looking straight into his cold, dark eyes.

"I guess I might as well just make your wish come through and shoot you. Any last words?" He tell me pulling out a gun. He has a sadistic smirk on his face.

"I know that you're a horrible person, but would you really shoot a pregnant woman? I mean I'm only a few months but still there's a baby inside of me. How would you have felt if somebody shot your mother while you were in the womb. Then you and her would be dead." It seems like I hit a rock because he puts his gun away.

"Now, I suggest you leave because I'm not letting her go with you. And by the way, don't you EVER look for here again." I tell him never once breaking eye contact. He storms out but not before flipping a few tables. Literally. 

"Thank you so much! But what am I going to do? I have nowhere to go! All of my family is dead, Brad the only person I knew. I'm gonna be homeless, or oh god I'm gonna have to go back to Brad. I- I can't go back to Brad you just gave me a shoot at freedom, I can't blow it!" She rants going to rant more but  I stop her by putting so she stops taking, which she does but not before flinching.

"You can live with me. You might have to sleep on the sofa but it's a pullout and also rent free. Once you get back on your feet you can start paying rent and if you want your own room but don't want to live alone I'll rent a two bedroom apartment with you. We don't have to think about that until the time comes." I say putting my hand down motioning for her to speak. 

"Thank you so so much! But are you sure? Like really really sure? I don't want to be of annoyance. " She says making a small smile come to my face. 

"You won't be of annoyance at all. I'm barely home and when I am it gets lonely. It will be nice to have some company." I tell her smiling. I can see tears in her eyes so I give her a hug. I guess i'm going to have a roommate.

Happy holidays to everybody that celebrates!! A little late but not really since it's still New Years day. I hope everybody had a good holidays !! I might skip a few months or years ahead in the next chapter but I'm not near the end at all! 

Don't forget to vote and comment!!