37

what the fuck am i even doing?

that was what rushed through changbin's head ever since he left the small flower shop.

it was already dark outside. the sky was black and stars were scattered all over the sky.

being as absentminded as ever, he didn't notice where he was going. long story short, he accidentally passed by a coffee shop.

not any coffee shop.
it was the coffee shop.
the coffee shop where he
bought the coffee for felix
because he fell asleep at
the library.

back to when the two boys sat in the library as complete strangers, changbin already thought there was something about felix that was different from the rest. until this day, he hasn't figured out what it was, but he loved it. he loved felix with all his imperfections and he couldn't deny it.

the coffee shop was about to close. almost all the lights were already turned off and there was only a single employee.

changbin looked at the small coffee shop as if it was the most special and beautiful place on earth as he then walked past it.

he got more nervous with each step he took forward. and because he was the unlucky boy he is, it started to rain so he had to walk even faster. the rain hit his hair and it soon was just a big mess.

his heartbeat got faster as he raced through the wet streets. the stars reflected on the streets. they reminded him of felix' freckles.

he made sure the flowers didn't get wet.

and they were still in the same state when he finally stood in front of felix' front door with is heart in his hands, which was beating unsteady as if he just ran a marathon.

but he was used to it. it was always like this when it came to felix.

changbin, in all honesty, never thought that he'd ever buy flowers for the person he loved. to be completely honest, he never even thought his heart was capable of loving someone as much as felix.

and now he stood in front of the boy's apartment, about to confess and probably use the word sorry about a hundred times.

his slender fingers circled above the doorbell. why did he hesitate? felix deserved to know every single word he was about to confess.

he inhaled the air sharply.

one,
two,
three.

he closed his eyes and exhaled the air as he pressed the bell briefly. his hand was pulled away by himself immediately after.

his heart was racing and he grabbed the bouquet of flowers tighter as if he was afraid his life would fall apart with them if they'd fall. he heard the muffled sound of the bell echoing inside.

he felt as if he was suffocating even though there was enough air. it was tense.

and the boy got even more nervous when he noticed that the doorknob was moving.

this was the moment that he never expected to happen, ever. changbin has always been the boy who kept his feelings to himself but that was about to change.

was he ready?
no.

the raven haired boy was so lost in his thoughts that he practically jumped when the door was opened. behind it stood a tired looking felix. the dark circles under his eyes were unmistakeable and his usually rosy skin seemed to be just pale. he had similarities with a corpse.

changbin's heart skipped a beat.

okay no it didn't. that's not even possible, just cheesy.

felix glared at the flowers in the boy's hands and then raised his head to look right into changbins doe eyes.