Chapter 1: Bad luck

__Somewhere in California__

The store clerk locked the door behind him after a busy day of owning a popular pawn shop. Right on schedule. The door was child's play especially for me. I removed my leather black glove on my right hand and grabbed the doorknob. It quickly rusted, breaking the locking mechanism inside. The door opened with a creak. "Excellent" I thought with a smirk. I glided in, replacing the glove on my hand, wouldn't want else bad to happen, well, without me causing it. That's what I did, cause bad luck to whatever I touched. Metal rusts and breaks, wooden furniture rots then falls on someone when they touch it, electronics short out or give out classified information (and then short out), whatever bad luck could happen, I caused it. No it didn't really affect people, but they are a lot clumsy-er and forgetful around me, oh well.

I looked around quickly before entering to far and stopped. Security cameras, some people were just paranoid. Carefully, I traced against the wall to find one little out-dated camera perched on the wall above me. Glove off. I jumped to poke the bottom of the camera, which shorted out and fell to the ground. I giggled a little, destroying tech was always fun. I strode over to the cash register and it opened with ease. Nothing, typical. The rest must be in the back I thought. There was a narrow door near the back of the store, it was locked. I wasn't being challenged at all, so I decided to pick the lock before actually rotting it out of the door frame. I pulled a bobby pin out of my hair and a little screw driver out of my black jacket pocket. 20 seconds, new record! Theft now, happy dance later. The room was small and kind of grey-ish, it looked like a simple office. Under the boring fold-able desk was a small safe. I bent down to get closer, it seemed quite simple, only a simple password key. I didn't have the time for guessing, I removed both my gloves this time. One hand on the keypad, the other of the main part of the door. Sparks flew and the door fell right into my hands, it wasn't heavy, maybe fifty pounds. I set it beside me and started to stuff the wads of fifties, twenties and hundreds in my pockets. Once half the safe in my possession I got up to leave, until I heard sirens outside. Dammit, I knew I had forgotten something, the silent alarms.

I walked outside with my hands up, leather gloves hanging out of one of my jacket pockets. There were three men in police uniforms out front. 

"Frank! Joeeeey! Nice to see ya again. How's ya daughter Franky?" Half smiling at the oh too familiar officers.

"Jen." Joe nodded. "She's fine, Jynx." Frank added roughly. The third guy pointed a gun in my face.

"Jennifer Sanders, you have the right to remain silent, all you say can and will he held agaisnt you." I rolled my eyes, grabbed the gun, and chucked it behind me.

The third guy grew wide eyed as he slowly began to walk around me to get it, stunned at my bravery.

"Don't bother Sam, its rusted and ruined by now." Joe called to the guy apparently called Sam.

I pointed with my thumb sarcastically. "New guy?" They simply nodded.

"You know the drill, Jynx. Gloves on, empty your pockets." Frank walked up to me. He was one of the only officers who called me by my nick name, I liked him cuz of that. I sighed as I put my leather gloves back on and dumped all the crumbled bills on the concrete. Joe then clamped the cuffs on my leather covered wrists and walked me to the police car. Sam drove off in the other car alone, slightly pale.

"This is the third time this month, Jen." Joe sighed as he climbed into the drivers side.

"Third time you've caught me...."

"Jen! You have to stop, after a while you won't just be going to jail for a few days anymore, you'll be put in a real prison, for adults." Joe raised his voice.