Chapter 9: Date

knock knock knock Jen! knock knock knock Jen! knock knock knock Jen!!

"Murder could you be anymore annoying!" I yelled through my door at Emily. I opened it to find her, perky as always, with a glove box in her hands.

"I wanted to give you some new gloves before you went on your date with Peter." She winked as she gave me the box. The gloves in the box were a silky blue, somewhat leather but not too rough. They were sturdy but elegant at the same time. They went an inch below the heel of my hand. I tried them on then chucked the box at Ems face, which was returned with a glare.

"The date isn't for two hours tho Emmy." I spoke back to her, modeling the new gloves in the mirror.

"No, another way to put it is we have only two hours till your date!" She started to whine.

"Unlike you, I don't take an hour and a half to put an outfit together." Emily scoffed at me. "Try three dear."

"My point exactly." But she wouldn't stop giving me the stink eye.

"Fine, i'll get ready. Happy?!" 

"As a diamond thief in a jewelry store." Grinning as she closed the door behind her.

I decided to go simple for my second date with Peter Parker. I slipped on a slightly tight blue top, my thin black leather jacket, pale blue skinny jeans, that made my ass look great. Stepped into my small wedges and started doing my hair and make-up. After I was all done and double checked everything, I still had an hour until my date. I picked up Pearl and walked into the kitchen, to find Emily deep in thought.

"Whatcha thinkin' so hard about Em?" I came up behind her, stroking our little black kitten.

"Well, I started off thinking about how awesome it was that we were already on the local news but actually its a bad thing, a very bad thing." She seemed really worried, I put Pearl on the counter.

"How is it bad?"

"How did the Avengers find Loki the first time?"

"They followed his crimes and the energy from...Shit you're right. I'm pretty much just waving a sign saying I'm in Manhattan." Sitting down in a chair leaning on my left hand.

"Do you need the tesseract?"

"No, but I don't want anyone else to get a hold of it. I've seen what that thing has done already, no one else can have it."

"But what if you gave it to someone else, just for safe keeping. I'd make them promise to never use it without your permission." Sitting down next to me.

"We are NOT involving the Brotherhood." Growling at her.

"Hear me out."

I stood up and started pacing. "No, no I can't. I don't even know if I can trust them."

"Do you trust me?" I looked at her long and hard. She seemed kind of hurt, but I continued pacing.

"I'll think about it." I finally said.

"Maybe you should meet the leader before you decide."

"Sure." 

Seeming happier already, she picked up our cat and held her close. I could see on her face she wanted to ask me more questions but knew it was probably a bad idea, which it was. I grabbed my purse and walked out of the apartment. I took the long way to the coffee shop, but I'd still be thirty minutes early. To my delight, Peter was waiting there, sitting at the same table we were at the last time. The little bell on the door chimed as I entered the coffee shop, causing Peter to look up and smile when he saw me.