Chapter 6: Spiderman

The shops in Manhattan are amazing! After two hours Emily and I already have a new wardrobe for me plus a few personal things for my new room. We weren't even half done.

"Jen! I know this store that has the cutest pillows for your room! Lets head there next!" Grabbing my arm and pulling me to another part of the giant mall we were in.

"Slow down!" Finally too tired to carry all of the bags anymore and keep up with her. I just sat on a bench for a moment when the alarms of a nearby bank went off. A few men, all in black, ran out the front with sacks full of what I believe was money. The large man in front shot off a gun, silencing the entire mall. 

"Everyone listen up and no one gets hurt!" I could help but giggle as I leaned over to Emily. 

"Is this guy for real?" She laughed with me.

"You want to take em?" A large hand came down on my shoulder, startling me.

"What's so funny, ladies?" The hand pulled me off the bench, pointing the gun directly at my head.

"Anyone else think this is a joke? One more move and she's dead!" I could totally take this creep, so could Emily. But in this town, if you let people see that you have powers, you're an outcast and everyone would hate you. Its another reason why people wear the masks and outfits, so they can live normal lives outside the costume.

"Better let that pretty girl go creep, or you're the one who's dead." Shouted a voice from no where. Was I imagining things? A shot of came from the ceiling, grabbing one of the men and slamming him into the other threatening some teenagers. A man in a costume that was themed around spiders hopped down from the ceiling right in front of me.

"This guy bothering you, beautiful?" Obviously smirking. Must be a teenager. Shooting from his wrists was some sort of web like weirdness, splattering itself on the bank robbers face. Once his grip was loose, I stepped back, using the palm of my hand to break his nose. The robber stumbled back, holding his bloody broken nose as some security guards showed up. Funny how they show up after some super hero does all of the work. The man spider clapped at my skills and back flipped back up to the ceiling, where he disappeared just as fast as he came. After all the criminals, who surprisingly weren't me this time, were rounded up by the guards, I looked at Emily.

"Ok, I'm used to criminals and guns to my head, but what the HELL was that??" A somewhat shocked look on my face.

"Well, as you know there are alot of mutants around Manhattan and New York. Most stay hidden or go to Xavier's or The brotherhood, but then there are those like Spiderman. Mutants who want to save people with their powers, I think its kinda sweet, when its against norms like those bank robbers." Giving me a little wink as she picked up the rest of the shopping bags.

-------- Somewhere in California, Lokis POV

Without the tesseract I'm stranded in Midgard with my brother and his band of idiots. I've been in a cell, chained to a wall with my hands and legs bound. Curse this putrid planet and its useless apes. Dammit! Slams head back against cell wall I hate this! This whole damned place! Those idiots are looking for Jen and MY tesseract. Speaking of Jen, she has completely lost her mind. Running off with my tesseract. She kissed me before she left....it was nice...soft and warm. I wonder is she is alright....What am I thinking?!

"Thor! THOR!!" 

Footsteps came closer as my brother entered the cell. "What brother."

"Have you found Je-the tesseract?"

"A Midgardian flying vessel was stolen yesterday, I suppose it is Jen."

I felt my face light up, but tried to hide it, although too late.

"You fancy the girl, don't you brother." Smiling down at me, that goofy smile he'd always use on me.

"That is impossible." I mumbled

"I saw the expression when we found you, tell the truth Loki." Crouching beside me. I knew him, he had a lover on Midgard as well. He knew what I would be feeling, but I refused to be like him.

"I said I do not!" Turning slightly red.

He stood and started to walk out of the cell, turning back at me once more. "We will tell you when we find her. Maybe you could even see her." And left. I thought that would be the end, but Stark followed him.

"And what do you want with me, Stark?"

"Where's Jen."

"As I have told you before, I don't know."

"Bullshit. I know you used her, and ended up liking her." Smirking a little with his rant.

"And just so you know, goat head, when we find her, I'll personally make sure you can't see her." Heading back to the cell door. 

"If you hate having her as a niece, why are you so protective of her?" Yelling before he could reach the door.

"I see a lot of myself in her, and you arn't gonna fuck with me buddy." Slamming the cell door behind him. To my surprise, I was furious. I wanted to punch right through his arrogant face. But why? Maybe Thor was right, for once.

---------- Jen's POV

Walking through the streets of Manhattan was noisy, hectic, crowded, and unpleasant to most, me? I couldn't get enough of it. I took a stroll to familiarize myself with the parts of the city near my apartment. A couple coffee shops, two clothing stores, one just for shoes, cupcake place, a high school nearby, and a huge journalist company. I was just about to round the block where the apartment was when...

THUD!//

"Ow! Jerk! Watch where you're...."

"Oh, I'm so sorry! Are you alright?" The man I had just slammed into started to balance me as I stood there somewhat transfixed. He was very attractive, soft brown hair, bright blue eyes, cute glasses that framed his face well. A little stubble of unshaven hair scratched his face, making him even more attractive. Standing much taller than me, well its not that hard, I'm 5'3. 

"Oh, I'm alright." I smiled up to him. He returned it.

"Can I make it up to you? There's a coffee shop just around the street." Was he asking me out? He didn't even know me.

"Um, sure." 

He led me by the elbow back down the street to a cute little coffee shop by the journalist company. It was quiet as no one was really in there, we picked a small table by the window.

"What would you like...." 

"Jen. And a mocha would be fine." Smiling as he left. He came back with a steaming mocha for me and another great smelling drink for him. The name on his cup read Peter, cute name.

I took a sip as I caught him studying me. "So why were in such a rush, Peter?"

"Oh, I just delivered some pictures at my job at the Daily Bugle."

"Oh!" My eyes lit up. He's the Peter Parker who did those amazing photos of Spiderman. To tell you the truth, Peter seemed a little familiar.  "Those photos in the paper are really great, how did you get up to Spiderman so close?"

He laughed and his eyes twinkled. "He's a close friend. You've read the paper then?"

"Um, skimmed. I just moved in yesterday." Blushing slightly at his eyes.

"Well welcome to the neighborhood, Jen." Raising his coffee.

"Its nice so far. Really protected. I got to meet Spiderman today." 

He blushed slightly and looked into my eyes. "Well he's a great hero, protects all beautiful girls like yourself."

Blushing again at his compliment. That seemed almost too familiar. He couldn't be...but it makes so much sense....I have no proof, but I am sure its him.

"Jen?" Waking up from my thoughts for a moment to look at Peter again.

"Would you like to do this again?" Smiling handsomely yet still a little goofy.

Nodding. "Yes, I would." Not only could I figure out if he is really Spiderman, he's also a sweet guy.