Chapter 12: Wednesday; The Fall

I vaguely remember answering the tired photographer, but I don't remember what I told him.

----

I uncurled my body from the ball of tiredness that was me in the morning, the bed was empty. This was normal for me, but not this morning.

"Peter?" I called from the bedroom, to lazy to investigate. He peered his head around the open door, his brown hair still sticking up where he slept. He smiled when he saw me and came in.

"Sleep well?" He sat down next to me, grabbing my hand gently and rubbing the back of it with his thumb.

"I did." I sat up to meet him eye level. He leaned over to plant a sweet kiss on my lips then picked me up like I was a backpack, and carried me to the kitchen. I smacked him when he put me back down.

"Coffee?" He asked rubbing the back of his head. I nodded with a smile, he always had french vanilla in the house. He put in a dash of mint, another reason he's an awesome boyfriend. He gathered his stuff in his messenger bag 'cough' man purse 'cough' and started to wrestle with the door. I stood beside him laughing at this spectacle. The mighty Spiderman loosing to a door.

"Hun, your hair's still stickin up." Smothing his hair down while he fights with the door handle. He gave it one last jerk and it cracked open.

"Thanks Jen." He kissed my cheek. I followed him out the door and down to the exit of the building when he turned to me, crushing me in a hug.

"What's that for Pete?" Laughing as he put me down.

"Don't you remember last night?" Looking down at me with a goofy smile on his lips.

"...Yes." Kissing his cheek.

"You so don't." 

"So what." Sticking out my tongue at him like a 5-year-old.

"You better get back to your apartment." Taking my hand and opening the door for me. We walked for a while until we came to the corner where we split ways. He hugged me again and whispered in my ear.

"Love you." I found myself whispering back. "You too." He kissed me shortly and went to work with that dorky smile on his face. I was grinning like an idiot when I reached the apartment, where the most in your face person I'd ever met would be..Emily.

I was walking up the stairs, the typical walk of shame, minus the shame, when my phone went off in a short chime. I pulled it out of my purse and checked. 

Jeeeen! I got a mortal communication devise and tracked yours using tesseract energy I put in your devise...this symbol means I am smiling :) isn't that so human? -L

You tracked my  phone Loki?! -J

Yes, you weren't at home last night, so I wanted to check in :) -L

STOP FOLLOWING ME -J

:) -L

I was in no mood for this god trying to text, so I slid my phone back in my purse and opened the door to my apartment. It was about 9:30 in the morning so Emily was up and making breakfast in the kitchen. She heard the door click and saw me come in.

"Ooooo is that the walk of shame I see? Naughty girl." Winking at me.

"There was no shame, Em. Just walking." I strode past her and picked up a waffle, taking a bite out of it.

"That's no fun!" I smacked her with my waffle, then took another bite snickering at her. She glared at me. "So what did you two do last night?"

"Oh ya know, watch movies, cuddled....He said he loved me..." I ran out of the kitchen with another waffle, knowing she'd explode in squeals and questions. I raced to my room but she was to fast and grabbed my wrist.