Chapter 7: Pearl

"You're late."

"What?" I asked Emily as I walked back into our apartment.

"You said you'd be gone an hour while you got used to the suroundings. It's been three dear, now who did you bump into." Getting closer, smirking at her observation.

Blushing slightly. "What makes you think I ran into someone, maybe I was just late.." trying to walk fast to my bedroom, when a cord (obviously moved by unnatural powers) tripped me, causing me to stumble to the floor.

"Jen, no one comes home two hours late, from a city they just moved into, with that look on their face." Holding out a hand as a kind gesture but not at all an apology. I grabbed it and went to sit at the velvet chair I loved.

"Spill it Jen." Sitting on the sofa next to me, clinging to a scarlet throw pillow.

"Ok you're right. I ran into this guy..." She squealed a little and looked back at me. Strange how she seemed so much like a best friend after two days of living together. I didn't mind, I loved the thought of having a best friend, to have someone to have these kind of conversations with.

"What is his name? Did you even get his name? Did you go out? gasp Did he get to second base..." Raising an eyebrow. I threw the throw pillow next to me at her face. She threw hers but missed, pouting at me like an eleven year old.

"Yes, yes, yes and Emily!! And don't give me that look, you deserved it." Laughing slightly at her frustrated face.

She stroked a nearby stuffed animal at her side and giggled with me. "I guess that's why they're called throw pillows." That horrible joke deserved another pillow in her face. After a few more shots we were in a full out battle. I was hidden behind the overturned sofa, throwing animals and pillows in her direction, while plushies and pillows were being tossed at me at all directions. Finally, after calling it a tie and cleaning up a little of the living room (I mean cleaning as in Emily moving the furniture to their proper places in seconds) she forced me back into the velvet chair. "Talk." In an evil voice, which only made me laugh at her.

"His name is Peter, he took me to a coffee shop and we talked for two hours. Happy now?!"

"Oooooo Peter. Tell me all." Curling up in a ball next to me on her soft red sofa.

"Well he's really sweet and I think he's..." Should I tell her about my discovery? I didn't even know if it was true. If Peter Parker was Spiderman, I would be revealing his identity to a teenage super villain, he wouldn't exactly be safe. She was part of a gang of mutants against everyone, which I was still on the fence about joining. That would put him in a lot of trouble. If he wasn't Spiderman, i'd pretty much be putting a bulls-eye on the back of a sweet guy. I needed proof, even then I didn't know about it. Maybe by then I'll be part of the Brotherhood, then I could fight him with the knowledge of his secret. I'd probably just keep it to myself, can't trust anyone.

"Think what??"

"I think he's a great photographer. He does the photo's of Spiderman in the Daily Bugle."

"Ooo a photographer, sexy. And he knows Spiderman! We could really use this guy!" Hopping up and down on the sofa, she obviously had too much sugar, or drugs. I didn't know what she was into, I'll just hope she had a few cups of coffee.

"How is that good Em?"

"Well he can lead us right to the spider! Ah, I've fought him a lot before, he's a better hero then you would expect. We were hoping to catch him before Xavier had a chance, or just incinerate him, but that's Mysique's idea anyway." Laughing again. Got it, definitely not telling the Brotherhood about Spiderman, at least not until he's my enemy as well.