Chapter 5: New York

Snickering as I walked back into the room, Loki was slowly crawling out of his Hulk-made crater, clearly the only thing hurt was his pride. Holding out a hand to the poor guy, I helped him to his feet, when he finally realized what I was holding.

"You...you have the.."

"Tesseract? Yea I took it from your machine. I couldn't stand to see the city destroyed anymore." Starting to walk away.

"Weak." He murmured under his breath.

I stopped and took a good long look at him. "What did you just say?"

"You are weak. You cannot stomach the sight of others getting injured. You truly are weak!" 

I really wanted to punch him off of this building, but that wouldn't be the best plan. Instead I walked behind the bar where all of uncle Tony's drinks were, taking a couple as a searched, suddenly I found a pair of handcuffs under the counter. I wasn't really looking for them, just a cloth or something like it. I found it a little weird that he had handcuffs...under his bar, but he was Tony Stark. Still weak from his ass-kicking, I clamped Loki's wrist, walked him over to the wall, where I found a pole to handcuff his hands around.

"Release me now you puny insect!"

"You always have to make things worse, don't you?" I walked back over to the bar, picked up a dirty rag, sipping a few drinks on the way. I sat on my heels as I took out the rag, but he began to struggle. 

"Shhh, you'll be found in a few moments anyway." Not caring that I may have taken more than a few sips of Tony's alchohal (probably more than ten, I lost count) I leaned forward to kiss him, a little longer and deeper than the first, finishing with tying a gag around his mouth and leaving him there for the Avengers to find him. Loki still red in the face, I walked (not so well) to the elevator. Tesseract in hand, I traveled down the the bottom floor. The people of the city came out in small numbers, looking up to the sky to see if anything is safe. When it was finally determined that the aliens were defeated, a cheer up-roared the city. "I did this!" I thought as I walked to a almost undamaged car. Excited about my accomplishment, I hot-wired the car and drove off, leaving everyone behind. If I stayed at the tower, Loki would still have been caught, and me with it. They wouldn't even care if I helped saved them, I'm a criminal in their eyes, but they have a point. I still have the glowing Tesseract in the back of the car, not knowing what do to with it. My first decision, was to find someplace to hide/live. For that, I needed money, my criminal instincts were itching to steal. So that's what I would do.

-------- Somewhere in California, almost Midnight.

A small jewelry store in an even smaller town was a perfect target for quick money on the run. The metal handle rusted under my palm and opened with little hesitation. Learning from past mistakes, I searched the entire place for cameras and extra security. After a careful search I disarmed two cameras and the silent alarm. The smooth silver safe in the back was up-to-date on security, but still unlocked to my unlucky touch. Not feeling anything similar to heroic, I took everything. Exciting the building with pockets full of hundreds and rusty fingerprints that would lead to no where. I left my stolen car parked a few blocks away, but it was a short walk. The town was so quiet, peaceful, they weren't even effected by  the invasion. I never liked small towns, to many people know you. The car started with a gentle purr then drove off to a nearby highway. Completely sober now, I thought about what just happened. I wasn't sure what to feel about recent events, I betrayed my uncle and his team, helped a super villain, then kissed him. I wasn't exactly the best with making good decisions. I turned onto the road that lead to the airport, I couldn't stay in California. I was thinking of perfect places to go and not be questioned. Couldn't go out of the country, I would need a passport, I didn't want to move to a small town, people would question why I was living alone, I decided on a big city, far away from Stark Tower but I could still enjoy myself. New York it is.