Chapter 9

The next couple of weeks drifted by easily for the Aussie, being on Cheerios and having Hayley and Santana as best friends helped her and Rachel with their relationship. It was Saturday evening, the day of the Invitational. Quinn was just about to leave to head over to pick up Rachel, she walked downstairs and went into the kitchen to say goodbye to her parents, "Okay mum...dad I'm off, I'll see you at the performance tonight," Quinn went over and kissed her parents on the cheek.

"I cannot wait to see you... Break a leg, Luce," her mother said.

"Thanks mum... And dad, I know it's not your thing but I can tell you that it's better than Australian choir shows that you have been too." "I'll hold you to that Luce, but good luck."

"Thanks dad. Oh, and don't forget Rach will be coming over tonight after Puck's party."

"Yes we know I think this is the fifth time you have told us... And like I said before Paige will be home tonight so you know the rules." "Yes I know the rules... And just FYI, if Paige wasn't here, nothing would be happening."

Her parents gave her weird looks, which she just nodded to; her mum spoke up, "Gosh, you have changed a lot."

Quinn smiled, "Yep and for the better... Now I'm off, I'll see you later."

15 minutes later Quinn was on the doorstep of the Berry residence, she knocked on the door and then made her way in, "Hey, it's me," the blonde yelled out.

"In the kitchen, Sweetie," she heard Hiram's voice, so she made her way into the kitchen.
Once Quinn got into the kitchen she greeted Hiram, "Hey Hiram, how are you? Is Rach ready?"
"Hi Sweetie, I'm good thank you, and she will be down in a minute, I went and checked on her five minutes ago and she was almost done." When Hiram finished talking Rachel made her way into the kitchen, Quinn turned around and beamed at her girlfriend.

"Hey babe, thank you for the flowers," the brunette said, while walking over to the cheerleader and giving her a chaste kiss on the lips. The Aussie got a bunch of Gardenia flowers delivered to the brunette that morning, with a card saying 'Good Luck'. Quinn smiled into the kiss, "Hey yourself, and you're welcome, I would have personally delivered them to you but Coach made us stay longer than expected at training this morning... And once I got home I needed a nap, otherwise I'd be too tired for tonight."

"Not a problem, baby. Rest is important, especially on a day like this."

"So are you ready?" the cheerleader asked.

"Yes, I'm all set," Rachel beamed back.

"Okay, so I'm sure you have told your dads about your plans tonight?"

Hiram turned around and answered for Rachel, "Of course she did Quinn, she gave us a full run down... And I'm sure you will take care of her at Puck's."

"Of course I will, you don't need to worry."

"Well dad, I'll see you after the performance," Rachel went over and gave her dad a kiss.

"Break a leg Sweetie, and you too Quinn."

"Thanks Hiram... Baby, where's your bag for tonight I'll carry it to the car for you," Quinn said turning around to look at her girlfriend. "It's just at the bottom of the stairs."

The blonde nodded and went and grabbed the brunette's bag, once she loaded it in the car she went around to the passenger's door and waited for her girlfriend, she was out the door 30 seconds later.

Quinn opened the door for her, just before Rachel got in the car she locked eyes with the Cheerio, "You know I missed you today?" Rachel said with a shy smile.