Chapter 37

Rachel parked her Yellow Beetle outside of Hayley's house; both Quinn and Rachel then hopped out and made their way up to steps to the head cheerleaders front door. Rachel was taking both Quinn and Hayley to the airport because the girl's were on their way to Florida for Cheerleading Nationals. Last weekend Quinn played her last softball game for the year, winning by 3 runs, but unfortunately the team still didn't make the finals.

The blonde knocked on her best friends door and waited for Hayley to swing the door opened, "Hey," the head cheerleader said hurriedly. "I'll just go grab my bag."

The couple nodded and Quinn went to step inside but Hayley stopped her, "Don't come in... I won't be long..." the brunette stuttered out. 

"Let me in, Hayls... It's okay," Quinn expressed, the blonde knew why Hayley didn't want her to come into her house, the brunettes mother must be home. Quinn hadn't seenGrace since the divorce, the blonde only coming around when Hayley was by herself. 

Hayley just nodded and then looked at Rachel, "I'll just wait outside," the petite brunette expressed, she didn't want the head cheerleader to feel any more uncomfortable thanshe's already feeling, Rachel knew that Hayley could only tolerate Quinn walking inside her house right now. 

Quinn followed her best friend inside the house and looked around, it was messier than she's ever seen it, "I haven't had time to clean..." Hayley trailed off as they walked up thestairs, "Exams and all..." 

The blonde nodded and just followed her best friend up the stairs to the brunette's room, walking inside and watching Hayley grab the last of her things and placing it in her bag.The brunette's mother then walked up to Hayley's opened door, "Where are you going? Are you staying at Quinn's again?" the mother asked. Both Hayley and Quinn turnedaround to the doorway to see Grace standing there. 

"No, mom... I've got cheerleading Nationals... Like I told you before," Hayley expressed. 

"Well I'm sorry I forgot, Hayley... I can't remember everything," Grace voiced defensively. 

"That's not what I meant, mom," the brunette said softly as her facial expressions turned down sadly. 

Grace ignored her daughter and looked over at Quinn, "I haven't seen you here for a while." 

Quinn nodded, "Yes, sorry about that, Mrs. Anderson." 

"It's Mrs. Sutherland, now," Grace stated seriously, and then turned to Hayley, "Something that Hayley should also do." 

Hayley huffed sadly, "Mom... You know I'm not changing my last name." 

Grace just shook her head, "I don't know why not, Hayley... It's not like your father deserves it." 

"He didn't do anything wrong to me, mom," Hayley stated seriously. 

"No, he just cheated on me..." Grace angrily voiced. 

Hayley rolled her eyes; she was so over this, "Mom... Get over it... Dad feels horrible for what he's done." 

"Did he tell you that on one of your sleepovers?" Grace spat out. 

"Actually yes!" Hayley said defensively. Quinn just stood there watching the mother and daughter start to raise their voice at each other. 

"I still can't believe you're on his side, Hayley! After everything he has done to me. 21 years and he threw it all away... Rather going on business trips to sleep around, then behome as a family... Who has been the one that has always taken care of you, Hayley? Me! And what do I get in return, you choose your father over me!" Grace yelled.