T W O

Roman and I helped the others decorate and get supplies for the party we were having in the woods

Roman and I helped the others decorate and get supplies for the party we were having in the woods. Of course, the staff probably knew we were doing it, and that they'd crash the party eventually, but doing things like this was fun. It was like, for a few hours, we were all just teenage kids breaking the rules and hanging out... and some supernatural elements to the night, of course.

The party started when the sun went down. Roman was mingling with his friends while I was with Rafael and Josie.

"I wonder where Lan is," Rafael said.

"I can try doing a summoning spell," Josie said.

When she summoned Landon, the boy got up from the floor looking shaken up and terrified.

"Raf? What the hell, man?" he said, up until he saw Rafael.

The two boys smiled and embraced. Seeing how much the two of them loved each other was heartwarming. Best friends and foster brothers, together no matter what.

"Y-You alright? They helped me get you out," Rafael said, pointing at Josie and I.

"Summoning spell, did I bruise you? I'm really still working on the kinks," Josie said.

"Summoning spell?" Rafael repeated, laughing at the thought.

I had never thought of how weird this all must've sounded to humans. All my life, witches were normal. Back when I was a kid, everyone knew Aunt Dahlia was a witch, and from the stories, everyone knew Grandma Ester was a witch. Yet, somehow, the supernatural became folklore, forgotten and mythicized.

"Let's get you a drink, bro," Rafael said to Landon.

"Yeah, let's do that," mumbled Landon, and Rafael put an arm around his shoulder, walking back towards Josie and I, and the rest of the party.

I watched as Landin still looked highly uncomfortable while Rafael tried to ease him into the party. The curly haired boy looked as if he rather be anywhere but here, but in all honestly, that probably was the case.

He watched as witches were doing little spells until we got closer to the old abandoned house in the back. Josie went off, but I stayed with the boys just to keep an eye on them.

"Watch this, they teach it in PE," Raf said, pointing to the boys who were hopping around on the platforms.

I watched Hope do it a million times, I've done it a million times, it's fun when you're supernatural. It wasn't anything I thought Landon would be able to do.

"You seem good," Landon said. "I was... I was worried."

Raf walked further in, pointing out a few of the werewolves. "I was talking to these wolf dudes back here, all that stuff I've been feelings, everything that gets me into trouble? It's normal. I want you to meet them.:

"Uh, honestly, I think it's best if I just take this opportunity to jump the fence and disappear," Landon said.

"What?" I asked.