𝔞 𝔪𝔦𝔨𝔞𝔢𝔩𝔰𝔬𝔫 𝔱𝔥𝔞𝔫𝔨𝔰𝔤𝔦𝔳𝔦𝔫𝔤

decided to ignore the update quotas for these specials. happy thanksgiving (eve)!

guys! do we think i can make it to 2k followers by Christmas? Cuz that'd be cool as hellll.

———

"Lilah!?! You came!"

The small redhead ran at the taller brunette, hugging her around the legs.

"Hey," laughed Lilah, ruffling her hair and smiling at her. "Of course I did."

"Is that Lilah Rae I hear?" a voice asked, and she turned towards the stairs at the Mikaelson compound to see Elijah Mikaelson walking down with a smile, looking as posh as he always did.

"Hey," she smiled.

"My favorite young vampire."

Hayley walked briskly down the stairs, managing to pass him by. He looked at her in her fancy outfit, a small smile creeping onto his face that Lilah caught. She smirked at Elijah, who tried to hide his smile when he noticed her looking.

"Lilah! Thank God you're here," Hayley sighed in relief, going to hug her. "We already made a plan that if you didn't show up, we'd send Josh over to your apartment to force you to spend the Holiday here."

Lilah chuckled at the crescent wolf alpha.

"You really don't have to do that."

"Nonsense, you're apart of this family now. You spend the holidays with us," Klaus said, making his own appearance. "There's hardly a day where trouble doesn't come knocking on our door, and when Kol comes to see us willingly, so we're going to enjoy this."

"Okay, now, I'll be putting you to work," Hayley said, pointing at all of them. "Klaus, you're helping me. Elijah, can you and Lilah got to the store and purchase these things."

She handed him a grocery list, which he looked at with confusion.

"Why can't we just compel our way to these desires?" he asked her.

Lilah snickered, but she wasn't one to talk. She was compelling her landlord to let her stay in her crappy apartment.

"Because, it is Thanksgiving, and we are going the tradition route," Hayley said.

"Compulsion is a tradition in my family," he added.

"Not anymore, now, go!" she said, chuckling at Elijah.

He was smiling as well, and Lilah knew his actions were just to get a laugh out of the crescent wolf alpha.

Elijah pushed the shopping cart while Lilah searched the aisle numbers and contents for the things on the list they needed.

"So, Lilah Rae," Elijah started talking, his voice slow paced as usual. "How do you usually spend your Thanksgivings?"

"Depends on where I am," she shrugged. "Most years, I don't celebrate it."

He frowned.

"That's no way to enjoy the Holidays."

"When you have no family and can barely make friends, you learn to get over it." she shrugged again.

He pursed his lips, still unhappy with the answer.

"Well, in that case, I guess we're just going to have to make this the best Thanksgiving you've ever had," he stated, a slight smirk on his lips. "Now, come, child."

As they went on their way to walk out, Elijah saw families lining up at the coffee shop inside of the grocery store.

"Do you want coffee?" he asked, pointing at it.

"Uh... sure," she replied.

He turned them around, going towards the line and waiting in it patiently. He let her order, and then said, "Make that two. I'm sure she has good taste in drinks."

Lilah smiled at his statement, and he paid the barista. They waited in the waiting area for their drinks, and it all felt so surreal to Lilah. Amidst all the fighting, there she was, with Elijah Mikaelson, standing in a grocery store waiting for overpriced-and-practically-just-sugar coffee.

It did feel festive, though. And it certainly was becoming one of her best Thanksgivings. She couldn't remember the last Thanksgiving where she was that happy other than the one she spent in Chicago in the 1920's.

"So, did he actually follow my instructions?" Hayley asked.

The girls were standing leaning against the doorway, watching as Elijah told Hayley he wanted her recipes, but wanted to be the one to cook the food. Klaus was already there helping him, so the hybrid and the vampire watched as they seemed to almost struggle. It was funny and endearing at the same time.

Lilah sipped on her coffee, offering Hayley a sip. She shook her head no, and Lilah said, "He did. Down to the bone."

"How'd you convince him to get grocery store coffee?" Hayley asked.

"It was his suggestion."

Hayley seemed taken aback by the suggestion, but the wide smile on her face showed admiration for it.

"What is this?" Klaus asked, and they turned their attention back to Klaus.

He was holding a garlic mincer, one of the easy to use ones that could mince up a garlic clove with one push.

Hayley laughed, going to show him how to use it.

"Marvellous," he said, watching her in awe.

"We have one of those?" groaned Elijah disappointedly, putting his knife down grumpily. "I've been chopping up garlic by knife this whole time!"

Everyone in the kitchen laughed as his frustrations while he just glared at them, but the sides of his lips curved up as well.

Yeah, that Thanksgiving was definitely going to be the best one Lilah ever had.