T E N

Happy New Years everyone! I'm wishing you all endless love and good health (physical and mental) all throughout 2019! For those of you graduating this year, CONGRATULATIONS! For those of you that're just trying to make it through this year, we got this. Nothing but good energy this year, loves!

Now, this story is definitely going to stray from the show at this point, so bear with me :) Just to set a setting place, all of the events of the episodes have occurred other than the knife being taken and the Malpocalpyse starting. 

--

To recap the craziness that's happened since I got back to the school, Roman, Hope, Lizzie, MG, Kaleb, and Landon went to Mystic Falls High. They were trying to get intel about Dana and her friend's disappearance.,

I stayed behind, and so did Josie and Rafael. 

-

I put my notebook down and left my dorm room, heading for the library. Josie was getting up from her seat as Rafael and Jed seemed to be having a male stare off.

"Hey," I said, getting closer to them with caution. "Everything okay here?"

"Everything's just fine, Lilah," Rafael said in such a slow, calm voice that it was almost scary. He didn't take his eyes off of Jed.

I looked at Josie, and Rafael went to grab her books.

"I'll walk you to class," he told her.

The both of them nodded bye's to me, and I stood there with my arms crossed as I looked at Jed.

"What, Mikaelson?" he asked, quirking up one of his eyebrows at me.

The one thing I learned about the wolves here was that they were very cliquey, and they were also territorial. They were also very much full of themselves, and since Jed was their alpha, he seemed to think he ran things as well as his faction went.

"You aren't gonna give Rafael any trouble, are you?" I asked, leaning my weight onto one of my legs, trying my hardest to look intimidating even though I was short.

"Why would I?" he replied in a sarcastic tone.

I glared at him the entire time he walked away. I had a bad feeling about it.

-

I was heading back to my dorm when I heard loud thumping and crashes. I already had an idea what was going on before I made my way towards the scene, an irritated expression on my face. When I got there, Josie was running towards as well. 

"Jo!" I called out, and I reached my hand out for her.

She grabbed my hand and siphoned magic, stopping the fight. Rafael was face down on the floor when we got close to him, hoping to be able to help. Instead, Rafael snapped at us and stormed away. 

"He's gonna burst," she said to me. "Like Lizzie does."

I nodded, both of us looking back at the direction where he was walking off.

"C'mon," I said, grabbing her hand.

We ran after him, but we were far enough that he didn't realize we were following him. We ended up in the abandoned house in the back of the school. 

"I said to leave me alone," he said when we walked in after him.

"No," I replied. "You need to calm down before you wolf out."

He kept hyperventilating, looking like he just might.

"Stay back," I said to Josie, placing a hand between her and Rafael. I stepped into the space between them, going towards Rafael. "Josie, what do I do?"

"Put one of her hands on his chest and another on the back of his head," she walked me through the steps of grounding. She learned it for Lizzie. "Tell him to breathe, the same way you are."

He started to calm down, and eventually, we were both just staring at one another.

"Is that a witch thing?" he asked.

"No," I shook my head.

"Do you feel better?" Josie asked.

"Yeah," he said, nodding. "I'm sorry, guys."

My attention turned to the white things all over the abandoned house, and my eyes widened when I saw a human inside of it. It was one of the girls who went missing with Dana. 

"Guys!" I said, and we all ran towards her. While trying to break her free, all three of us got stuck in the white string. It was sticky.

"Is this a web?" I asked.

Oh man. Life around here really was going to get real interesting, wasn't it?