T H R E E

Hope told me all about her shared kiss with Landon before they attempted to compel him

Hope told me all about her shared kiss with Landon before they attempted to compel him. They sent him on the way, but there was a problem: a knife from the artifacts. We weren't even sure of the origin of the knife, or the importance, but we did know one thing: Landon Kirby stole it, and since he never returned home, he was never compelled.

Hope's mad about it because she finally let someone in, and they ended up lying to her. I overheard a conversation with her and Alaric from last night where she had said,

"My cousin may be okay with letting people who lie to her in, but I'm not. I'm not that stupid."

I know she was referring to Roman. She could say she forgave him all she wanted, but there would always be a part of her that's mad at him for his role in Hayley's death. I didn't tell her I heard it because us fighting is the last thing needed.

Especially when we were going to meet with Matt Donovan, Mystic Falls's Sheriff, about the bus that Landon was on where a lot of people died.

Landon was missing.

-

Roman and I walked towards Alaric's car, his arm around me. As we approached, I saw Hope had just arrived, and that someone was under the car doing something.

I turned to me boyfriend, smiling up at him. I moved one of his curls out of his face, before leaving my hand on his cheek.

"Have fun today, okay?" I said, kissing him.

"You mean losing to Mystic Falls High?" he asked, talking about the annual rugby game our school plays against Mystic Falls High.

We have to lose every year since we can't use our supernatural abilities. Sure, we could probably win if we tried hard enough, but we also kind of sucked. We only went because Alaric wanted us to keep up appearances so we looked like a normal school.

If we looked normal, then people wouldn't ask too many questions.

"I do," I replied, laughing.

"Good luck with... whatever you're about to go do," he said, glancing at Hope. "Not too sure she'll be too happy you're kicking her out of this mission."

I sighed, frowning as I looked at her. "Well, I told Alaric all about the spell I saw her rip from that book... I left the whole black-magic with Josie part out, but a death spell? This anger she has, this hatred, Alaric and I both agree this isn't Hope, it's Uncle Niklaus, the parts of him she takes after."

"Just stay careful, I love you."

"I love you, too."

He kissed my forehead and I walked over to Hope. She was talking to Rafael, who ended up being the person underneath the car. I grabbed her elbow as she and Rafael bickered back and forth.

"Hey," she said, before going back to look at him.

"We need to talk," I told her.

She glanced at Rafael one more time before she and I took a few steps backwards.

"What's up?" she asked.

"I saw the spell you have in your jacket," I told her, and she looked anywhere but at me, her lips pursed together as she realized she was caught. I grabbed her arm to reel her attention back on me. "And I told Dr. Saltzman."

"You did what?!" she whispered yelled at me, looking at me with her angry eyes.

"Hope..."

"Lilah, why would you do that?"

"Because he and I both agree you shouldn't go on this mission."

"Excuse me?" she asked. "No, I have to go. I'm the reason Landon even got access to the knife-"

"Hope-"

"No!"

"Listen," I said, glaring at her. "You're angry, and you're hurt, and you're a Mikaelson. Three things that shouldn't be mixed together, ever. So, I'm sorry, be angry with me, that's fine, but you are off this mission."

As I walked towards Rafael, a rock came up and almost tripped me. I huffed and turned around to see Hope with her angry smirk and her arms crossed.

"Don't tempt me, Hope," I yelled, angry with her attitude. "You got this whole 'I'm mad at the world' thing going on, and I'm sick of it!"

She stared at me with her wide, angry eyes, and I kept yelling at her from afar. I didn't even care who was looking anymore.

"You refuse to make any friends! You alienate everyone! I stick by you because you are my best friend, because you are my damn cousin! I get it, you lost a lot, you've gone through a lot, suck it up! So have all of us! I lost my mom in birth, Hope, and was held captive for sixteen years. Then I lived a thousand watching over my family from afar, and when I finally get to be apart of that family, my own dad takes his life to be with yours because of a stupid, stupid decision you made to take that stupid dark magic out of the Originals."

I stood there breathing heavily and with tears forming. Roman, who didn't get too far before he heard my screaming, was by my side the second I got loud. He held me every time I lunged forward, pointing at her in my hysteria.

"Your point is?" she asked, her stubbornness ticking me off more.

"My point is that you need to get off your damn high horse and understand that other people have suffered, too, and this anger you have, it's gonna get you nowhere."

She scoffed. "While we're talking about grudges and parents dying because of others decisions, let's remember who got my mom killed in the first place."

She directed her last comment at Roman, who tightened his grip on me. I loosened myself from him and vampire sped towards her, landing my palm to her pale cheek. She she held her face and looked back at me, I spoke with gritted teeth.

"Leave. My. Boyfriend. Out. Of. This," I said to her. "He didn't know what he was doing, and he lost his mother that day, too. He lost his father at the hands of our family. If anyone should have grudges, it should be him and Antoinette."

"Enough!"

Everyone's heads turned to see Alaric staring at us with disappointment.

He looked at everyone else, and said, "Get to class!"

When everyone but Hope, Roman, Rafael, and I were gone, Alaric finished speaking with a sad tone of voice.

"Mikaelsons, the both of you, pure Mikaelsons," he said, using our last names to mean a bad thing. "You guys get your hysteria and your anger from your bloodline. Now, Lilah, get in the car, Hope, cool off."

"She still gets to go after the scene she just made?" Hope asked.

"She's not the one with a vendetta against Landon, so yes, she gets to go," Alaric said. He looked at Rafael. "Fix my car, and get in."

I asked, "We're taking Raf?" at the same time Hoped exclaimed, "You're taking Raf?!"

"He might be of some help, since he's so close with Landon."

Hope pouted, and I stepped into Roman's embrace again. I moved my head so I could look up at his face as he held me, and he looked down to bring his lips to mine. I held his face, and said, "I'm sorry for that."

"Don't be," he shook his head, placing his chin on my head. "Now, go be a hero and find Landon. We have things to talk about tonight, it seems."

--

this was intense, and it was definitely the scene I've been wanting to write. The Lilah and Hope relationship dynamic now that Hope is trying to seem heartless, trying to hold grudges. The problems they've both been keeping at bay, finally setting sail.