T W E N T Y - F O U R

Do you guys want me to make this book more aesthetically pleasing? GIFS or photos at the beginning, moodboards, a playlist? That kind of stuff, if so, please comment some songs you guys imagine for this book (also why, just so I know)

I cannot wait to start writing the season 2 part of this book, I got so much good material and lines I'm ready to use.

I'm also switching up the point of view. I find it easier now to write this in third person, now that a lot of the plot can center and progress without it being Lilah narrating. I also prefer third person, now, as I grow as a writer. I hope that's okay with you guys.

———

Previously on Aftermath...

"I still want to backtrack to the bed things, too," Landon said, raising his hand while he spoke."

"No," Rafael and Lilah said in unison.

-

"Europe was amazing," Josie said, the twins walking into Alaric's office.

"It was chaos around here."

-

"Yesterday I came into possession of another Malivore artifact. Now monsters that shouldn't exist have been coming after it."

-

"I'm not gonna be afraid of losing you anymore, Hope," Landon told her, sitting by the fire with her. "'Cause I'm gonna be the guy who always fights to find you again."

-

"What's all that?" Lizzie asked.

"I was thinking we could spell a barrier around the urn. So the next monster shows up,, we can trap it," Hope said.

———————

The Maxwell Bell could be heard ringing in Mystic Falls from where the Salvatore School stood

The Maxwell Bell could be heard ringing in Mystic Falls from where the Salvatore School stood. Lilah, never the girl to sleep, was shifting through grimoires while on the phone with Josh, who was also up late.

"Davina says your mom is loving Fiji," Josh said. "It's taking her a while to get accustomed to the Modern age, but she's learning."

Lilah sighed in relief. She had been avoiding the texts and calls from that side of the family, wanting to deal with Malivore before she dealt with Mommy dearest.

"I'm glad," she said honestly. She wished she could care a little more about her mother being back, but she grew accustomed to not having Lorelle in her life.

The Salvatore school, the twins, Alaric, and everyone else, they became the people she worried about the most, besides herself and Hope. She knew she would have to deal with Lorelle eventually, but the monsters that were holding their school in what felt like a constant seige was more important. That didn't mean it didn't stress her out at night, and it certainly didn't mean she didn't think about it all the time.