S I X

"I want the next few weeks off," I announced as the door to Alaric's office closed

"You want what?" he asked, looking at me like I was crazy.

"Oh, cmon, Ric," I said, rolling my eyes. "You and I both know I'm only taking classes to try to be a normal teenager, not because I need to learn how to adapt my vampire ways."

I sat down in one of his chairs, letting out a sigh.

"Okay, that's true," he nodded. "So, what? You just wanna take off? You do this a lot, Lilah."

"You know what I'm doing when I leave," I replied. "Which is the real reason I turned down the teaching position, because I can't be a sufficient teacher if my focus is elsewhere."

"So, you're going back to New Orleans for a bit?" he asked.

"I mean, Rafael and Landon are gone, is there anything you really need me here for?" I asked.

He looked deep in thought, and right before he said something, I said, "And don't say to be here for Hope. After our fight, we haven't even been talking. I think we need some time apart. We're Mikaelsons, being together for extended periods of time often leads to fighting anyways."

He sighed, and looked at me with his normal "seriously" facial expression. So, I continued talking.

"I was thinking I'd go see Bonnie, and then head back to New Orleans for a bit. We're so close, Ric. I can... I can just feel it."

"And as much as I am proud of you for what you're doing, you know I'm also skeptical about what the aftermath of it all will be. Everything has consequences."

"I know."

After a moment of silence, Alaric scooted back his chair in defeat and sighed, nodding his head.

"Alright, you can go," he said, knowing damn well I didn't need his permission. But it helped his ego when I let him act like I was still some child he had a say about. "But I want updates about what's going on, alright?"

"Of course, and I want some, too. If any new creatures turn up, if Rafael and Landon are ever found by Jeremy, call me."

"I will."

-

I parked my car in front of Bonnie's house. My packed clothes were in the trunk, and a note for Hope saying I'd be gone for a bit was left in our dorm room. I walked up the steps and pulled out a keyring. I had keys to all of their houses. They gave me them a while back because I guess someone who can't be killed was the best form of protection. How they all ended up being so trusting of a Mikaelson, I don't know, but I certainly wasn't complaining.

I was about to unlock the door when I heard a crash. My eyes widened and my pulse raced as I unlocked it and raced in. I ran into the living room to see it trashed, the coffee table flipped, papers all over the place. No sign of Bonnie.

"HELP!" I heard her yell, and I followed the sound of her voice.

When I finally got to her, she was pinned against a wall by her neck, a woman standing in front of her. She had long dark hair and olive skin, and she turned around to look at me, flashing her fangs and the veins by her eyes turned black. I did the same thing back.

"Careful," I said. "You hurt her, it's over for you, I always win my fights."

She scoffed, and with an accent, she said, "Sure, you do, darling."

"Oh, honey," I tsked, walking slowly closer, but stopping when I noticed Bonnie wince as more pressure was applied to her neck. I crossed my arms over my chest. "I'm Lilah Mikaelson, a whole breed of my own. Trust me when I say nothing can kill me."

She released Bonnie in a second, her defensive stance diminished. She rushed towards me, and I took a step back to brace myself, but instead, the woman pulled me into a hug.

"Oh, how long I've awaited this," she said, stroking my hair as I stared at her with a confused look. She smiled, and I tilted my head to the side, realizing how much this woman looked like me. "My lovely Lilah Rae."