T W E N T Y - S E V E N

chapter quota:
15 votes
15 comments

———

Night of the full-moon, the werewolves were turning for the night

Night of the full-moon, the werewolves were turning for the night. It was an emotional night for all of them, of course. Not every transformation felt freeing as it did for Hope. Some of them were still working out the kinks of it.

Upon arriving home from her weekend trip to New Orleans, Lilah went down to the transformation cells with Hope, who was looking for her boyfriend. Lilah wanted to be down there with Rafael, just in case he needed her to be.

"Have you seen Landon?" Hope asked as Alaric came into view. "I thought he might be down here with Raf for moral support."

"Raf's not here," Alaric said.

"What, he's... what?" Lilah asked, the Mikaelson girls giving Alaric a confused expression. There was a pit in her stomach. She knew she shouldn't have left after they babysat the Salvatore kids.

"The supervisors said he didn't check in," replied Alaric. "And now MG's missing, too."

"But it's a full moon," Hope said, fear laced in her words.

Werewolf bites could kill a vampire.

Lilah was starting to get scared, too. They heard howling in the distance, all of them tensing up from the sound. Rafael. Her insides were basically mush at that point, she didn't know how the heck she would be able to fix any of this.

"Oh, God," Hope mumbled.

Walking through the woods aimlessly with a flashlight, the three of them walked in panicked manners. They were speed walking so fast that Lilah could feel her calves getting stronger as they moved. Not a fun feeling, but nice to look at with leggings on.

"I don't know why my locator spell didn't work," Hope said in distress.

"If you can't find them, it means someone's cloaking them or-" Alaric started.

"Or they're-" Hope cut him off, only to be cut off herself.

"Don't even go there," Lilah interjected, her voice stern though it was evident she was holding back her own worst thoughts. "They're both going to be just fine."

"What would possess them to leave campus?" asked Alaric, baffled at the idiotic decisions of the teenage boys. "Why would they be so irresponsible."

Lilah remembered telling Landon and Rafael to watch over MG while they were gone, especially with the tip from Dorian that it was possible he could end up being a ripper.

Sorry guys, the only ripper allowed to attend this school is named Lilah Mikaelson, Lilah thought to herself, a shiver flowing down her spine at the thought of innocent, lovable MG hurting people, dozens, hundreds, the way she did in her earlier days.