TWELVE

Let's just say... Matt Donovan was extremely unhappy. The Originals were back in Mystic Falls, and he knew that that never ended well, with or without Niklaus "The Vampire King" Mikaelson. This time... this time Lorelle was a thing. She was a living, breathing thing. She wasn't just a hushed voice spoken about between siblings that remembered a time when she was one of them. She wasn't just a story told to a girl who never knew her mother.

She was there, in the flesh. 

Kol came back when he heard the news, bringing Davina so they could help figure out what was going on. The two Mikaelson siblings that remembered Lorelle weren't as suspicious as everyone else was. They knew it had to be her, they felt it in their bones, they felt it every time she mentioned the past. She talked about things Kol and Rebekah forgot about, but she remembered so clearly because to her it wasn't all those years ago. 

"I don't get how she's even here," Alaric said. "I know there's probably spells to bring back anyone from the dead if you're a strong enough witch, but... she died so long ago, who now would want to bring her back?"

"We don't know either, Ric," Elena shook her head. "We just know she's probably not apart of the Malivore thing that's going on here."

They were all in his office at the school, Lorelle was with Josh. The remaining Mikaelson siblings, Lilah, Davina, Vincent, the Salvatore couple, Bonnie, and Matt were all there.

And again, to reiterate, Matt Donovan was not happy. He stood there in his sheriff uniform with a stern expression and his arms crossed in front of him. Nothing good comes to his town whenever these vampires were around, and now they were bringing someone they didn't know whether was a threat or not into the mix.

Matt didn't want any of them roaming around Mystic Falls, but he was fond of Lilah. He knew they had to come because they had to figure out what was going on with her mom. He also knew that maybe they would be able to help with the whole Malivore thing, the knife, and all of the creatures coming to Mystic Falls. Who else to defend the town but people who couldn't be killed?

"Yeah," Damon said, agreeing with his wife. "I think that if Lorelle was here for that knife you were talking about, she wouldn't came straight to the school, not for Bon Bon."

"There was a spell Davina found that could have been the one used to resurrect Lorelle," Freya said, wrapping an arm around her niece. Keelin was back home. One of them had to work while the other dealt with family drama.

"My darling here spent a lot of time actually following the coven we believe casted the spell before we even heard that Lorie was back," Kol said, wrapping an arm around Davina. "It's not just any resurrection spell."

"It had to be stronger," Davina explained. "And I had been doing some digging. There was this coven that worshipped the Mikaelsons, apparently. But in secret, I heard about them a year ago and went to track them down, to see if they could help with that Lilah's been doing." She looked at Lilah, who smiled at her. Davina would always be her friend before she want her aunt, in her mind. "The resurrection spell of this strength, in order to bring someone of Lorelle's age back, would require a lot of souls, a lot of sacrifices, a lot of magic... but the coven is totally gone. Any traces of them are gone... I think they sacrificed themselves... their bodies and their magic... so that Lorelle could walk again."

"Why do that?" asked Lilah. "If they worshipped the Mikaelsons, shouldn't they have resurrected my dad or Uncle Niklaus?"

"That's the thing I don't get," Davina said. "But it's not like there's any way to find out. Lorelle didn't even know about this coven, obviously. She died when she gave birth to you."

"How was she been adjusting?" Matt asked. "To the new world. Since we're going to be having her in Mystic Falls, I need to put the safety of the citizens first."

"She knows how to use a phone," Elena said.

"And she knows how to control her hunger," Damon added.

"She's learning pretty well," Bonnie said. "But we'll keep an eye on her."

"And if it makes you feel better, Matt, she and the Mikaelsons can stay in dorm rooms here so they aren't in town too much," Alaric said.

The offer seemed to relax Matt a little bit. He nodded, agreeing to the situation.