4- Candy Canes and Tinsel

<Lewis Davis>

For an early Christmas present, Belka, my co-worker, bought me the Uni-ball Signo Broad UM-153 Gel Pen in white ink. It's a simple present, yes, but for somebody that works on comics, it's perfect. I've been keeping an eye on that gel pen for past few months, but I've never had the time to actually purchase it. Thankfully, Belka is my hero.

About a few years ago, Belka was employed to the comic company I work at, Sagé Comix. It's a huge company that pays very nicely. Belka took that offer smartly. Straight out of my sixth form, I applied to this company a couple years later. I was gratefully accepted by Belka, she sweet-talked the employers on giving me this job. If it weren't for her, and her noticing how well I can ink/draw art, I would have never gotten the opportunity to be here. 

Belka Romanov, a tall, attractive, Russian woman, lead me to my future. I love Belka, she's a sassy woman, yet kind-hearted and strong-spirited. If I were straight and if she were straight, she'd totally be my type.

Belka moved to the US for college purposes and trained in American English before working at Sagé Comix. She had several degrees including a bachelor's degree, a master's in Fine Arts/Art Studies, and General Art. She was an extremely intelligent woman, definitely they greater good of Sagé Comix.

During her time at the company, she married Ms. Katie Brooks, now known as Mrs. Katie Romanov. They, together, have adopted three children. Fortunately, Belka is pregnant with donor sperm. She's seven months in, and the doctor just revealed that she's conceiving twins, two boys. She's a badass woman, only at age of thirty-one. She has to be the most productive woman I've ever met.

I finished inking the third volume of "Malania's Adventure". It took me about two weeks, which is pretty long, but the artist adds so many details and pages to each volume. If I were him, I would just make each volume short, then it wouldn't take as long for each book to be published.

As I added the finishing touches, I felt a firm grasp on my shoulder. "Fine work, Louie," a familiar, thick, Russian accent spoke sternly. I smiled. I knew who that was, Belka.

I spun around and grinned ear to ear. She finally just got back from her one-month business trip. I missed her. The office was boring and all I could think about was that bloody Mixen Teason guy, which by the way is my snotty co-worker. "Belka, I've missed you so!" My voice was light and welcoming. I was extremely relieved that she made it back safely.

She chuckled with her naturally deep voice and gave me a huge hug. I wasn't able to get that much closer to her body since her baby bump was larger than the side of my head. "I missed you too, my little gay Louie," she continued to chuckle.

Haha, yeah. She likes to call me her 'little gay Louie'. I don't mind it since it's partially true. But I for sure am not 'little'. I'm nearly 2 meters tall.

Belka grabbed a hold of my cheeks and squished them together, causing my lips to cave in, yet puff out. "You're such a darling boy. Were you hardworking while I was gone?" She rolled her r's as she spoke.

"I sure was, I finished volume nine of Malania's Adventure and inked some official art made by... Mixen," I said sweetly back to her, then grumbled when I said Mixen.

I hate Mixen. He's one of the head artists of the company and is also the ass too. He ruffles my feathers a bit too often and uses his incredible talent to draw basically porn. I mean, why waste astonishing skill in drawing overly-sexified women? He's amazing at drawing them, he just needs to realize not all girls have DDs and a great tush. I hate him for that, well, I have other reasons too, but this is my main one.

I reminded myself that I hated Mixen while Belka crossed her arms and ignored my comment, "so... Any word about your prince?"

I blushed as she referred the man of my dreams as a prince. Ah yes, my prince charming. I dream that he's waiting outside my tower, calling out to me. Oh, how I can't wait to meet him. "Yes, but only simple thoughts, just like before," I smiled in a daze. He's closer, he has to be.

She chuckled more as there were grunting men in the distance. She stopped laughing and I left my trance, wondering what was going on. I searched the room, trying to find the grunting men but then my eyes, my eyes lead me to something beautiful.

Before me, stood a twelve feet tall Christmas tree. It was voluminous and smelt like a sweet scent of pine. I love Christmas trees. I love Christmas. It's so...so romantic.

The younger women in the office, around my age, trotted next to the tree, holding ornaments, candy canes, and tinsel. The ornaments gleamed and glittered with silver, baby blues, and gold. Mac Sinker, one of my best friends, stood on a ladder, taking each ornament the women gave him and strung them up. Surprisingly, they finished quickly.

After the ornaments were strung, the candy canes were propped on the Garlin, it was time for my favorite part of the Christmas tree: the tinsel. The helpers carefully wrapped the silver tinsel around the thick tree, making sure it wasn't uneven. Row by row, foot by foot, they draped it neatly.

Belka sighed with relief. I turned my head to see her face, her eyes sparkled, then she spoke in love struck. "Ah, I love candy canes and tinsel. Katie proposed to me right next to a Christmas tree that had candy canes and tinsel wrapped around it. It was- it was magnificent." I could hear the happiness in her voice. For some reason, it made me excited.

What if, what if...my prince is waiting for me, waiting right next to a tree covered in candy canes and tinsel?

***A/N***

Ahhh, wasn't this such a lovely chapter? Writing it made me in a good mood, actually. Talking about Christmas, a hot, badass, Russian woman, and the love in the air is such a good mixture for me. Let me know in the comments if you like Christmas. If you don't celebrate Christmas, I'd love to know what you do celebrate, or what's your traditions around this time of year.

If you thought this vote-worthy, do not hesitate to slam that star and comment away. Thanks, guys, love you, and have a Happy Holiday!