9- John Daly Down My Throat

<Matthew Erwin>

I stood outside the café that Lewis and I ate last time. I waited patiently for the arrival of him. Well, when I mean patiently, I mean checking my watch every two minutes. So maybe not patiently, but respectfully.

Finally, Lewis stepped onto the curb closest to the café, he searched his surroundings for me, and then stopped when he saw me standing there, wearing a fake smile. He could probably tell that I was uncomfortable.

"Matthew! Sorry, I'm a tad late, the tube-er the subway was a bit delayed," Lewis smiled genuinely, rubbing the back of his head in guilt.

"No worries, now follow me," I turned in an unexpected direction and walked across the street.

"Wait-I thought we were going to dine at the... café?" Lewis asked with confusion.

Without looking behind me I replied confidently, "Well I have something else in mind, something more suitable," I said suitable in a deeper tone than I meant to because I was extremely nervous, and well, it's not really for me. It's for him.

I searched carefully for a nice, decent restaurant. Something that didn't scream American Killjoy, Welcome to the Past, British boy. I don't want to find something romantic either, I don't want to give him the wrong idea.

But wait, isn't this the point? I'm doing this for a reason. I'm giving him a chance, I'm giving myself a chance too. Maybe he can redefine my sexuality, or he can prove to me that men aren't my thing. Whichever it is, this 'date' is going to be somewhat useful. It's a key. It's cheat sheet, I'm only checking my answers to see if they're correct. No harm in that, right?

At last, I found a decent restaurant. Actually, I think I've heard of this place. It's not too expensive and it gives off the right atmosphere. It's perfect!

Lewis gasped and yanked on my shoulder. I turned my head to see what was the matter. His eyes, they were sparkling with delight. "Are we...are we going here?" He stressed here. He must have liked this place that I'm taking him to. Wow, I hit the ball straight into the ballpark. Lucky shot I must say.

'Heights Avenue', a beautiful restaurant. I remember my sister, Angela, went on a field trip and they got to stop here to eat. She said the food was delicious and it had great vibes. Apparently, they made the best shrimp sandwiches. My mouth practically watered thinking of the tasty shrimp sandwich.

"I can't believe we're going here! Oh my god. I've always wanted to try their food, I've heard such wonderful things about it, Matthew!" Lewis said dreamily as we walked inside. 

Let me say, Heights Avenue, looked a lot more appealing than that old crusty All-American diner. It's more of a respected place, not a tourist attraction.

"Hi, would you like a table for two?" A host asked us kindly behind his small counter.

"Yes, thank you," I said, using my manners. I have to be a gentleman, or else the experiment might end in a result that won't answer my problems.

The host led us to a table that sat two chairs, under a dimmed light. It sure did have a romantic atmosphere, too much of my liking. We both sat down as the host explained the protocol they were taught, "your waiter will be here soon, here are the menus. Please enjoy," he bowed his head as he handed us the menus.

Lewis' eyes were still sparkling. As for me, I was still shocked that I swung my bat and hit the ball. I'm so lucky.

There was awkward silence as Lewis swung his head around, observing everything in the restaurant. I tried to fill the silence with some small chat, which made it more awkward in my opinion, "so, Heights Avenue, huh? Fun fact about this place: this restaurant was here before the actual street was named. Isn't that kind of cool?" I wish I didn't impose dumb facts that I learned from my sister. What am I, twelve?

Lewis nodded surprisingly, smiling to my awkwardness. "That is cool, tell me more about this place." He said, leaning his head on his hands, and his shoulder leaned on the table. He was interested. INTERESTED WOW.

I can't hesitate, I must release more silly facts onto him, he's oddly into this stuff. "Uh, well, this was one of the first restaurants to be established in this state."

He nodded again, "wow, this place must have some history then, isn't that fascinating? Just think, people from two hundred years ago could have been sitting right here, just having the time of their lives."

"Haha yeah, probably exhausted from fighting the war of 1812," I said, trying to make a joke. Then what really shocked me, he LAUGHED. He laughed at a history joke, a NERD joke. WHO IS THIS MAN? He has a weird sense of humor as I do. What the hell?

"Oh, Matthew, I didn't know that you were humorous too, that makes me like you even more. I love a man that's witty. And I meant it both of its definitions." Lewis flirted.

My face grew red. I can't believe he's actually making me blush over a corny flirt. What a goof am I. I must have not had a date with anyone in a long time. Now that's just sad.

Finally, the waiter arrived, introduced himself and asked what we wanted for a drink.

"I'll have the John Daly, and he'll have the same," Lewis said, ordering me as well. The waiter nodded as I spit the water out of my mouth.

"Wha-Lewis, isn't that Vodka and lemonade?" I asked in sheer shock.

"Yeah, why? Oh, do you not drink?" Lewis answered, realizing he didn't consider my feelings. But then he threw aside my feelings, "Oh come on, Matthew, we're celebrating!"

I whispered loudly and leaned towards him, "Lewis, we're both nineteen, drinking alcohol is illegal at this age," I said, hoping that he already knew this.

Then Lewis' face turned white, "what? You're telling me eighteen isn't the legalized age for drinking alcohol?"

"Yeah, you have to be twenty-one," I responded, leaning back into my chair.

"WHAT?" He said louder than I expected. Lewis was genuinely shocked.

Finally, the waiter arrived with our adult beverages. I squinted at the waiter, realizing he never asked for our IDs. He just broke the law. We're still minors, oh my god.

Lewis sighed but then chuckled, raising his drink.

"What are you doing?" I whispered again.

Lewis blinked at me, "we're clinking, raise your drink,"

"But once we clink, it resolves to drinking what we clinked," I panicked.

"Clink!" Lewis screeched in a whisper. He raised my wrist up with my drink in my hand and forced our drinks to clink. "To us!" He shouted.

"Oh my god, I can't believe-" I was saying, however, I was interrupted with Lewis pouring John Daly down my throat.

He gulped down his quickly while he proudly intoxicated me.

I just...I just broke the law.

And I did it with my gay lover.

***A/N***

pFFFTT Imagine him whining those last two lines.

-MissyKZV