16- Please Come!

<Lewis Davis>

Even through this bloody blizzard, I still arrived at work.

I usually enjoy working at my job. It pays nicely and I'm good at what I do. However, today in particular, I was upset that work wasn't canceled.

I woke up this morning in Matthew's arms. He held me close to his body, his scent reminded me of a cherry tree. His lips were soft, like a cherry, I wanted to bite into them.

I am so in love with him and we aren't officially dating yet! What is wrong with me?

Thinking of him brings my spirits sky-high. I just wish that I could stay with him all day.

"Hey Lewis," Mac yawned behind me, sipping a cup of coffee, "how was last night?"

You wouldn't believe how incredible it was, Mac!

My body went stiff, "it was..." I inhaled, "magical," I happily sighed.

"That good, huh?" He chuckled loudly, signaling Belka.

For a pregnant woman, she was quite quick on her feet. She approached me, excited, "Louie~ how was your date?" She waved the papers in the air, enthusiastic. It was nice to see her not grumpy again. When she kicked Matthew and me out of her house, I assumed she was mad at me.

"Well," I blushed, about to brag, "I woke up in bed with him."

Mac and Belka gasped.

"You-" Mac lowered his coffee from his mouth, shocked.

"You slept together?" Belka asked loudly, louder than I cared for.

"Nope," I said proudly, "we cuddled!"

Belka squealed, "that's even better!"

Mac looked somewhat disappointed, glancing at Belka, judging, "it is?"

She twirled, full of pure joy, "of course! It's the magic of love! Not lust!" She flicked Mac's forehead, shaming him for doubting her.

"It was amazing, right after he said goodnight to me, I snuck into his room and hugged him back."

Belka stopped squealing and stared at me, "wait, he didn't know you were there?"

Mac squinted at me, confused.

"Well," I turned quiet, "not really."

Mac snorted and Belka gasped. Fiercely, she back-handed me, disappointed.

Ow! What'd she do that for? I didn't do anything bad.

She snug her arm around my neck, pulling me closer to her, "look, mister, it doesn't count if he doesn't know," she lectured.

Mac nodded slowly, agreeing with her. Then, "so have ya invited 'em to the party yet?" He changed the topic, trying to kill Belka's anger.

Crap.

I forgot to invite him when I had the chance.

Ugh, it was the perfect chance too! Why must I be so stupid?

"I'm takin' that you didn't invite 'em by yer awkward silence?" Mac raised his eyebrows, not surprised.

I scratched the back of my neck, guilty, "it's just that we were so busy talking and-

"Talking?" She cut me off, seemingly more interested.

"Yes, I suppo-

"What were you talking about?" Her anger towards me instantly disappeared, she was too distracted from eagerness.

"Just stuff," I muttered.

Mac smirked, "what kind of stuff?" He teased.

"JUST-

"Lewis!" A familiar voice thundered behind me.

Can't I finish a damn sentence?

I turned around, already knowing who had yelled me by his snobby voice. Mixen.

"Stop chit-chatting to your little friends and start inking some pages of volume 10!" He demanded me.

That damned man. I despise him. I wish I could tell him off but he has a higher position than me, he's basically my supervisor.

"Ehem, John, you'd be wise to not refer me as a little friend again," Belka warned with a threatening tone.

Oh yeah, Belka has a higher position than Mixen, which makes her his boss. He may be one of the head artists but she's the person that decides if comics get put out in the public or not. I don't know how she got that job with her degree in Fine arts but she did, and she's one of hell of a publisher. Too bad she didn't say no to Mixen. She probably liked the sexualized women because she's a big lesbian.

Mixen blinked at Belka, realizing he just yelled at her.

I watched Mac struggle to hold back his laughter.

Mac was the guy that made sure everyone had supplies that were in good condition. If an artist's stylus' batteries died, he would be the one to order new batteries and replace them himself. He's towards the bottom of the company but what he does makes him a very important man.

"My apologies, Belka, lately Lewis has been progressing slower than usual over inking."

"To be quite honest, I don't care, however, refrain from disrespecting your employees before I take note," she said coldly.

Her cold closure gave Mixen shivers. Thank you, Belka.

"Lewis, get to work," she winked at me as she used her 'I'm the boss of you' voice.

It's a relief to have such a big person in the company on my side. If Belka didn't like me, there's no way I'd have this job. I'm thankful for her.

***

I inked carefully on Mixen's stupid pages, concentrating every detail that he scratched on his paper.

He's such a big pervert. I hate him.

"Hey Lewis, I hope you got to your work safely." The comforting sound of Matthew's voice rang in my mind.

I grinned like a fool. He cares about me!~

Thank you, Matthew, I hope you did too. I responded to him.

"Actually, I didn't have work today since the snowmobile was too busy to unblock the doors at my office. The head of the company chose to give us an extra paid vacation for today," he laughed awkwardly.

Lucky.

I could hear Matthew quietly giggle.

Oh, Matthew, this reminds me, I need to ask you something.

"Okay, shoot."

I'd love it if you would come to my work's annual Christmas party. It's this Saturday at night. My hopes were high for him saying yes.

There was silence on his end.

Oh god, I scared him off. Crap. He's gonna think I'm weird.

"I'd love to." His voice spoke gently. "Also, you're not weird, you're quirky, but that's okay. So am I."

He heard me panicking. My heart fluttered. My future boyfriend just called me quirky. I can't believe this!

***A/N***
Hehe! So cute!

-MISSYKZV