14- With You

<Lewis Davis>

"Thanks for letting me inside," I murmured from the couch, "you're so kind," I was in a trance, staring at the unforgivable flame.

Matthew sat down the bottle of sparkling water, "thank you," he mumbled softly.

I wish I could hold him. I want to hold him. He's just so perfect, he's sweet like candy.

He collapsed onto the couch beside me, handing me a glass of sparkling water. I peeked over and noticed he watched the fire too. His long eyelashes fluttered each time he blinked, making him look soft and sensitive. He sipped from his glass quietly. I watched his lips touch the glass, I envied the glass.

"Tell me, Lewis, do you only like me because we're soul mates?" Matthew glanced at my face, sorrowful.

How do I respond to this? Of course not! I've only known you for a week but here I am, head over heels for you. And here you are, doubting my feelings.

Matthew bowed his head, "I'm sorry,"

I forgot that he could hear me.

"It's just, every time somebody dated me was because they wanted something from me. Compliments, money, presents, and..." he muttered something under his breath that I couldn't understand.

"And?" I said curiously.

He covered his face with his hands, embarrassed, "you know."

"Wait, your girlfriends tried to have sex  with you?" I said intrigued.

He nodded.

"But you never wanted to?" I asked confused.

"It's not that I didn't want to, it's just, wouldn't it be best with someone you love and want to spend the rest of your life with?" He looked at me, his eyes gleamed of tears. He was on the verge of tears. In front of me.

I never thought about it that way. I always saw sex as something just fun. Or you know, in heterosexual romances, to conceive a child.

"Haven't you ever been curious though?" I asked him.

Matthew wiped his eyes with his sleeve and began to scratch the back of his neck, hesitating, "well, yeah, but curiosity kills the cat," he laughed off his embarrassment.

"Good thing cats have nine lives," I mumbled as I sipped on the disappointedly non-alcoholic beverage.

He sat the glass down on the coffee table and gazed into the fire. He was thinking.

"The thing about sex Matthew, well this is just as I see it coming from a gay man, I see it as a game of pleasure, it's supposed to be fun. There shouldn't be all these bloody rules and restrictions, you know? Sex is sex," I suggested. 

He looked back at me, listening intently. 

Either I parted wisdom or screwed this guy up for life.

I sighed, "but hey, everyone believes what they want to believe. I actually admire you for being prude," I chuckled.

"I'm not prude, I'm just savory!" He defended himself while laughing.

I leaned back into the couch, it was a lot more cushiony than I expected.

"Matthew?"

"Hm?"

I watched the embers of the fire crack and pop, "I just realized it's midnight, I have work in seven hours," I noted.

I was still in my clothes from yesterday. It's not usual for me to do this unless I was staying the night with a lover.

"Oh crap! I'm sorry," Matthew sprung up, quickly searching for his coat to lend me outside. He then paused, walking to the drapes, opening them hastily, it was still snowing outside.

"Oh look, Lewis, it looks you won't be able to leave for a while, we're snowed in," he said, looking down at the sidewalk.

"Really?" I joined him at the window.

It was true, the roads and sidewalks were all blocked out with white. It was just white. I don't think I've seen it snow so hard before. Even as a child, my snow days weren't that heavy.

Matthew looked around the apartment, running towards the closet, grabbing a towel and a washcloth. He handed them to me with an innocent smile.

"Since you have to stay the night, you might as well take a shower," he advised me, "while you go do that, I'll go find my spare sheets to make your bed," he added kindly.

But I want to sleep in bed with you~!

"I'll take a shower after you, make sure you don't use up all the hot water," he jokingly laughed.

I smirked, excited to use my new pickup line, "you know, if you want to save water, we should just shower together," I bet you weren't prepared for my intense smoothness, Matthew. I hope you realize that you're letting a creep stay with you tonight, good luck love!

Matthew slapped the back of my shoulder, "you and your silly jokes," he laughed off my wits. How dare he.

***

After he showed me how to work the temperature knobs, I hopped in, letting the warm water drip down my skin. The pressure felt perfect. Back at my place, the water pressure is too hard.

I scrubbed my scalp with the soap that he kindly let me use. I sniffed the bar soap, it was the soap he used.

I can imagine it now, the bar soap has touched every inch of Matthew, cleansing him. The latherings have smoothed over his soft body, which will now do to me. I'm practically touching his body with mine!

Ah, I wish. That would be a dream come true.

A couple of minutes later, I stepped out of the shower and dried off with the towel Matthew offered me.

Then I heard a quiet knock on the door.

"Come in~" I automatically say with realizing I'm still naked.

Matthew popped his head through the small door crack, "sorry to bother you, but do you want a comforter or a quilt-" He asked me, then noticed that the towel was around my neck not around my waist.

Okay. Okay. This is fine. There are only two ways he could react to this:

1. Sees potential lover naked, goes for it.

or

2. Screams in awkward embarrassment because you just saw a guy naked.

Matthew blinked and gasped, "how rude of me! I forgot to provide you clothes, wait for a second, I'll go get you some!" He turned around and darted to his bedroom.

Wait, what?

I forget that Matthew can always create another option:

3. Completely be oblivious that there is a naked man in your house and is attracted to you, realize you forgot to spare him clothes.

***A/N***

Sorry for the unexpected hiatus again. But hey, I'm out of school now!

-MIssyKZV