|| One ||

•••========================•••
-FOUR HORSEMEN OF THE APOCALYPSE-
***BOOK ONE: DEATH***

•••========================•••-FOUR HORSEMEN OF THE APOCALYPSE-***BOOK ONE: DEATH***

A/n: Welcome, my lovelies! In this x reader series, you only get to choose your name and eye color. Hair color will already be determined as to what role of the Four Horsemen the book follows.

FYI-NOCTIS AND LUNA ARE NOT ENGAGED IN THIS STORY!!!

I hope you all enjoy this short series! Love you all!!!
~✨Celestial✨~
•••••••••••••••••••

"So..." Prompto muttered, glancing around at their surroundings. "Why're we walking through an abandoned tomb again?"

Noctis sighed at knowing he would have to explain the circumstances again to his best friend. "I don't know, Prom. All my dad said was to head to the Duscae tomb that lied below the wetlands. He didn't say what we would find, but he said we needed to come here."

"His Majesty wouldn't send us on a wild goose-chase through some abandoned tomb for no reason. There must be something we can find down here," Gladio stated, coming to defend his King.

"Though void of daemons, do exceed caution. There possibly may be other foes afoot," Ignis exclaimed as he followed behind the prince through a narrow tunnel. Their flashlights pierced the darkness as the tunnel seemed to be leading them in a certain direction. No branching paths presented themselves as the air around them chilled the boys to the bone.

Prompto's teeth chattered as he rubbed his arms in desperation for warmth. "I-It's freezing down here. What could we possibly find down here?"

"Don't know, but we're gonna find out," the bodyguard said. "You scared?"

"N-No!" The blonde boy denied with a shaky voice.

Gladio snickered and grinned at the younger boy. "You think the dead are gonna wake and attack us?"

"What if they do?!" The sharpshooter wails.

Noctis rolled his eyes at his shield's words. "You seriously think that's gonna happen? That's not even possible."

The brute knew he couldn't scare the prince, but he did make a good point. "You never know. We left the city only a few days ago. Who the hell knows what forces are really at work around us."

The tactician behind the raven-haired boy agreed with the bodyguard. "Indeed. Compared to those in the Duscae, Leide, and Cleigne regions, a sheltered life is what we've experienced."

"Seriously, Specs? You're falling for-" Noctis fell silent when he heard the sound of heavy footsteps echoing behind them. The four boys froze, turning to see if their flashlights could find someone in the darkness. When the sound grew in intensity, they realized it was more than one person by how loud the footfalls were. "Shit..." Noctis murmured.