|| Twenty-Four ||

The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse summoned their four steeds—Thanatos, Erra, Limos, and Montu. Noctis rode with Death, Prompto with Famine, Gladio with War, and Ignis rode with Pestilence. They rode to Insomnia, easily avoiding the daemons blocking their path to the city. The four girls could feel the tug of their summoning orbs as they rode further and further from Hammerhead.

Arriving in the city, the party was greeted by an onslaught of powerful daemons. Fortunately, the Horsemen's abilities were enough to keep them at bay as they rode through the streets of Insomnia. They reached the Citadel, but a various array of daemons blocked their way inside.

"Great..." War grumbled as Montu scuffed his hoof into the pavement below, nodding his head in agreement with a neigh.

"Never said this was gonna be easy," Famine stated.

"Nothing is ever easy," (Y/n) comments to her sisters.

"May I?" Pestilence asked calmly, ignoring the approaching daemons.

"You've got a plan?" Gladio inquired.

The white-haired girl nodded. "You four need to make it to the throne room inside the Citadel. My sisters and I will create an opening, allowing you all to reach the building."

"We're not gonna—!" Noctis started.

Death quickly interrupted him. "We are immortal. We've faced more daemons than you four will ever in a lifetime. We know their weaknesses and their strengths. Trust us, Noctis. We'll meet you inside soon enough."

Reluctantly, Noctis nodded. The Four Horsemen hopped off their steeds, shortly followed by the boys riding with them. They eyed the daemons that were stalking towards them, teeth and weapons ready to tear into their flesh.

War summoned a bow and took out a daemon with a single arrow to the head. She smirked, switching her aim to another enemy. Famine called upon an intricately designed blade before jumping into the action with her red-haired sister. Pestilence summoned a staff, tapping the end twice against the asphalt below. A powerful gust of wind pushed the oncoming horde of daemons away from everyone.

(Y/n) summoned her scythe, slinging it across her shoulder. She turned to face the four boys, who wanted to fight alongside the Horsemen. "When you see an opening, take it." She joined the fray and decapitated an Iron Giant before moving to aid her sisters in any way possible.

"We're not seriously gonna let them take on all these daemons by themselves, are we?" Prompto asked.

"We've no choice in the matter, Prompto," Ignis responded.

"They can handle themselves. For now, we wait," Gladio added.

The boys watched as Pestilence and Famine took down a few Red Giants in the blink of an eye. Death and War handled a powerful Arumusha, who managed to get a few hits in before vanishing into nothingness.

Noctis found an opening and ran towards the Citadel with Prompto, Gladio, and Ignis close behind. They pushed open the heavy doors and quickly closed them when a daemon tore its gaze from the Horsemen and set its sight on them. Luckily, the door sealed before the creature could attack.

Suddenly, a body came crashing through the wall beside the door. The person rolled against the floor before their back collided with another wall. The wall crumbled down upon the person, causing the boys to worry.

The person pushed through the rubble with a groan, revealing themselves. It was Famine. She saw the worried looks on their faces and offered them a smile. "I'm fine."

War appeared in the hole in the wall and nodded towards the royal retinue. "Take them to the throne room. There's bound to be some daemons hiding within the building."