|| Twelve ||

A/n: Just a small reminder: bold text is a nightmare/dream.

⚠️MENTIONS OF DEPRESSION AND SELF-HARM⚠️

If these are sensitive subjects, please do not read or read at your own risk!

Love you all!!!
~✨Celestial✨~
••••••••••••••••••••

Noctis' eyes flew open as he spotted the same scene he'd been seeing ever since he met (Y/n). "The nightmare again..." He groaned. Just like many times before, the prince watched the girl spend her birthday/anniversary with Caspian. Unlike before, the scene made the blood boil in his veins. That smile she wore was something he wanted to see for himself and not in a nightmare that plagued his slumber. He also wanted that smile directed towards him and no one else.

As the scene transitioned, Noctis desperately thought of ways he could save (Y/n). He'd tried many nights to save her from drowning, but he failed over and over again. He frustratingly ran his hands through his hair as he watched (Y/n) and Caspian go their separate ways. Noctis knew what was coming up next, but the nightmare suddenly changed.

Unlike previous nights, the prince wasn't transported to the docks. He found himself in front of one of the many abodes in Altissia. Glancing around, he saw (Y/n) walking with a hint of pep in her stride. The familiar and gentle smile that was spotted on her face confused Noctis because he had never seen this in his nightmare before.

(Y/n) fazed through Noctis' body as she went to knock on the door. When she received no answer, the girl grabbed the doorknob and twisted it. "It's open..." She murmured to herself, strands of (h/c) falling in front of her eyes due to the slightly harsh breeze. The prince replayed what (Y/n) had told him the night he shared his nightmare with her.

Noctis' eyes were wide as saucers when he knew exactly where this was going. "Shit... (Y/n)!" He shouted, but his words went unheard. "Dammit!" Reluctantly, the boy watched as she opened the door. Peering inside, Noctis and (Y/n) saw Caspian locking lips with another girl. She gasped at the sight, her heart shattering into millions of pieces. The prince couldn't hide his rage as his fists clenched tightly. If he could touch people, the first thing he'd do would punch Caspian. On the counter, he spotted the bracelet the boy had bought (Y/n).

Walking inside the small abode, Noctis grabbed the bracelet and turned to face (Y/n), only to find her gone. He dashes out of the house with the jewelry in his grasp and searches for the crying girl but to no avail.

The scene transitions once again and Noctis is in another unfamiliar place. "What the hell is goin' on here?" He was puzzled as to why his nightmare was showing him things that it hadn't before. Noctis snapped out of his confused state when he heard wailing from down the hallway. Following the sound, he heard it coming from behind a door at the very end of the hallway. He knew the culprit behind the tears, but he was still puzzled as to why his nightmare took him here.

Slowly, Noctis opened the door and saw (Y/n) curled up in a ball with something in her hand. The boy smelt the overpowering scent of iron and wondered where it was coming from. Examining (Y/n) closer, he saw she was crying in a puddle of blood. In her hand was a large knife dripping with droplets of blood. Noctis fell to his knees beside the crying girl and tried to help her, but his hands only passed through her body. "Dammit! Why can't I save her?!"

Noctis tried grabbing the knife, but all he could do was watch the scene helplessly. He felt like crying himself as his heart ached painfully at the sight of her slitted wrists. He desperately wanted to touch (Y/n) and hold her, reassuring her that everything would be alright and he was there for her whenever she needed someone.