|| Five ||

A/n: The horses you'll find in this series will all be named after gods or goddesses that correspond with the Horseman presented in the book. Just a little fact for y'all! Also, I know there aren't really any horses in the Final Fantasy world so just go with it! Love you all!!!
~✨Celestial✨~
••••••••••••••••••••
"How?" Noctis questioned curiously. (Y/n) continued to smirk as the moon casted down a faint glow. She walked over to the small pond and stared out at the calm water. Then, she placed her fingers in her mouth and whistled. A strange and eerie fog loomed over the surface of the pond as it slowly surrounded Noctis and (Y/n). The sound of hooves and splashing water could be heard, grabbing the young prince's attention. From the fog, a horse with a glistening gray and black coat emerged.

Its creamy mane and tail blew faintly in the breeze as it trotted across the surface of the water as if it were lighter than air

Its creamy mane and tail blew faintly in the breeze as it trotted across the surface of the water as if it were lighter than air. The horse neighed as it came to a stop in front of Death and lowered its head. (Y/n) placed her hand against its muzzle, stroking it gently. "Good boy, Thanatos."

The horse neighed once again before closing his eyes and nuzzling his snout against (Y/n)'s cheek. She giggled at the ticklish and cold sensation before turning to face the astounded Noctis. "Ready to go?"

"Uh," the boy mumbled, eyes still glued to the magnificent steed. "Yeah. Let's get going."

(Y/n) hopped onto Thanatos' back, followed by Noctis. With nothing to hold onto, the raven-haired boy had no option but to latch onto Death, her freezing skin providing somewhat of a strange comfort. The girl glanced over her shoulder, wondering if the prince had a tight enough grip around her waist. "Ready?"

Noctis nodded, his grip slightly tightening. "Yeah. You know where you're going?"

"Yep. We'll be there in less than a minute." The Horseman held onto Thanatos' mane, which the horse didn't mind.

"No way," the boy scoffs, rolling his azure eyes in disbelief. "It takes at least five minutes by car."

(Y/n)'s lips curled up into a smirk. "I'm about to prove you wrong. You better hold on much tighter than that or you'll be thrown off in a heartbeat."

Not wishing to kiss the ground, Noctis tightened his hold on (Y/n) as he was now practically hugging her. "Now I'm ready."

"Alright!" The girl digs her heels into the horse's sides. "We're off, Thanatos!" The steed neighed then took off at an incredible speed. Wind rushed by as Thanatos jumped over the railing and onto the highway. Luckily, it was now nighttime and no one would be on the road due to the threat of daemons.

As Thanatos stormed down the highway, Noctis felt he was squeezing the life out of (Y/n) in the current position he was in. His face was buried in the crook of her neck while his arms were tightly locked around her waist. Due to her smaller stature, his body nearly engulfed hers. Although noticing his actions, he refused to let go as he was afraid of falling. Death didn't complain about how tight he was holding her because it wasn't painful. Also, she wouldn't admit that the position was comfortable or the fact she cherished the touch of another after so many years of wandering in the abandoned tomb with only the whispers of the dead as company.