|| Two ||

A/n:

⚠️MENTIONS OF SUICIDE⚠️

If this is a sensitive subject, do not read! I also wanna say that I am not trying to push my beliefs onto anyone with what I typed up in this chapter! Besides that, I hope you all enjoy! Love you all!!!
~✨Celestial✨~
••••••••••••••••••••
Exiting the tomb with their new companion, the boys found themselves enveloped in darkness. The moon loomed overhead, casting an eerie glow upon them as they halted in their tracks at the sound of a familiar wail. Noctis summoned his engine blade, but (Y/n) placed her hand on his and forced him to lower his weapon. "No need for that."

Curious, the prince dispelled his blade as the Iron Giant walked towards them while dragging its heavy blade across the ground. Gladio was the only one who wasn't going to risk the daemon from trapping them. "You're out of your damn mind if you think it'll just ignore us."

The (e/c)-eyed girl smirked at the shield. "Trust me. It will." She crossed her arms and directed her gaze to the incoming daemon. The Iron Giant took a few more steps before it froze in its tracks, shocking everyone except Death. When (Y/n) took a step forward, the daemon backed away as if it were frightened by her presence. She turned and faced the boys with an innocent but frightening smile. "Where to, gentlemen?"

"Are we seriously not gonna discuss what just happened?!" Prompto wailed, pointing to the retreating Iron Giant.

"We can chat while we walk."

Noctis led the way to the Regalia as (Y/n) walked beside him. As they waltzed to the car, every daemon that set their sights on them immediately turned away and kept their distance. The raven-haired boy glanced at the shorter girl next to him. "What's going on here?"

"The daemons that plague your world fear the presence of those from the Inner Sanctum. They even avoid the monsters from my domain. No daemons will attack as long as I'm around," (Y/n) explained, sparing a glance towards the prince.

"Talk about a much needed break from daemon attacks," the boy sighed contently at the revelation.

Prompto sauntered over and walked beside (Y/n) when he heard about why daemons weren't attacking them. "I'll say! Now we don't have to worry about daemons as long as (Y/n)'s around!"

"Indeed. Quite an intriguing revelation," Ignis commented.

"So much for the extra training," Gladio scoffed, but he didn't mind one bit if it would keep them safe from random encounters at night.

Once they reached the car, (Y/n) slid in the backseat and into the middle with Noctis and Gladio on either side. Even though she was smaller than both boys, it was still cramped. "Y'know, I do have a steed and could simply follow from behind."

"Nah, don't worry 'bout it. It's easier if we all ride together," Noctis explained.

"Even though I'm a complete stranger?" (Y/n) raised a brow, glancing at the boy to her left.

"I seriously doubt you're gonna stab us to death in the car," he chuckled with a small smile.

"Like I would stab the next King of Lucis."

"How much do you know?"

(Y/n) nodded sadly, her (e/c) eyes casted downward. "I know about the Crown City. I heard of the fall a few days after the incident. I'm sorry for your lost. Regis was an honorable King and father."

The boy didn't respond as Ignis started the engine and drove away from the abandoned tomb. His thoughts immediately went to the memories of his father and narrowed his eyes, feeling the same pain as the day he lost him. (Y/n) saw the expression on Noctis' face and bit her bottom lip. She felt remorse for what she said, but she knew her apology would only be met with silence. She leaned back in her seat, watching the stars above as the car sped down the road.