|| Three ||

A/n: The bold text is a dream/nightmare. Besides that little side note, I hope you all enjoy!! Love you all!!!
~✨Celestial✨~
••••••••••••••••••••
Opening his eyes, Noctis glanced around at his surroundings. "Where am I?" Seeing as he wasn't in the caravan or any place he'd visited before, the prince got to his feet and walked around. He walked up a set of stairs that led out of the small, dimly-lit room he had awoken in. Once outside, he saw a large waterway and could only think of one place he had yet to visit. "Is this... Altissia?"

Noctis saw numerous of people walking through the pristine streets, smiling and laughing as they headed to their destinations. He knew it was their destination on this journey, but a strange feeling washed over him. Something inside him gnawed at his sense of direction and found himself walking in a particular direction.

When Noctis reached a large fountain, he saw a familiar-looking girl standing beside it. "(Y/n)?" Walking closer to the girl, he saw she had (h/c) hair instead of black, but he knew it was (Y/n). "Hey, (Y/n)!" He shouted. When the boy went to touch her shoulder, his hand passed through her body.

"What the hell?" Noctis muttered, stepping back a few inches and staring down at his hand. A theory came to mind and the boy quickly tested it. He dashed towards another random person by the fountain and his entire body passed through them as if he were a ghost.

As he was flabbergasted at his findings, Noctis heard (Y/n) call out to someone. "There you are, Caspian! I've been waiting for an hour!"

"Sorry 'bout that, (Y/n)." A boy around Noctis' age ran up to the (e/c)-eyed girl with a smile. He had spiky brunette hair accompanied by green eyes. Watching as the two linked hands, the raven-haired boy decided to follow them through the streets of Altissia as they seemed to be on a date of sorts. Noctis saw how happy (Y/n) was with Caspian and couldn't help but wonder what led her to commit suicide at such a young age.

After what felt like an hour, Noctis found his surroundings slowly changing. "What now?" He groaned in annoyance. When he saw he was at what seemed to be the docks, he sighed in annoyance. Unlike before, it was pouring. Noctis didn't feel the cold droplets hit his skin as he glanced down the docks. A figure could be seen through the downpour, their clothes drenched as they sat at the edge of the docks and hugged their knees. Even through the rain, Noctis could hear the sniffles and sobs that left the person as he slowly approached.

Seeing who it was, Noctis stopped in his tracks. "(Y/n)." Her shoulders shook as she cried and the raven-haired boy was confused as to why she was weeping. Before he knew it, (Y/n) stood up and rushed off as tears continued to rush down her cheeks. Quickly taking chase, Noctis ran after the sobbing girl.

When Noctis saw her climbing to the roof of one of the buildings that bordered the ocean, he followed after her. Reaching the roof, he saw (Y/n) was standing at the edge of the building, her eyes trained on the stormy ocean below. The tip of her shoes hung off the edge of the roof as she began mumbling incoherently. Taking a few steps forward, Noctis kept his balance on the slippery roof. With only a couple of feet between him and (Y/n), he came to a halt.

"There's no one left..." Noctis heard the girl mumble.

The raven-haired boy had no clue what she was talking about. Since Noctis knew he couldn't talk to her, he tried reaching out to her and hoped he'd be able to touch her just this once. "(Y/n)-"

Before he could reach her, she jumped off the roof and into the raging water below. Not wasting a second, Noctis dove in after her. He found he could breathe under the water and felt his body was light. As he reached for (Y/n), his hand fazed through hers. "Dammit!" Trying over and over again, Noctis desperately tries to save the girl from drowning.