|| Sixteen ||

A/n: Remember when I said there was going to be a huge time skip, welp... it's in this chapter! Hope you all enjoy!! Love you all!!!
~✨Celestial✨~
••••••••••••••••••••
After deciding to separate herself from the boys, (Y/n) summoned Thanatos. The steed noticed her solemn expression and nuzzled his snout against her head. Death patted the top of his head with a melancholic smile. "C'mon, buddy. Let's head back to Lestallum and collect my clothes. After that, we've got one more Wendigo to hunt down and then we can return home."

As (Y/n) mounted Thanatos, her mind raced back to the time she spent with the four boys. She felt horrible for not saying a word about her departure, but she knew a simple "goodbye" would've torn her heart into shreds. She knew she had worried them because she felt the familiar tug of Noctis trying to summon her, but she ignored his call and forced her body to remain where it was. Tears threatened to fall from Death's eyes as Thanatos trotted through the woods and avoiding the highway to prevent the others from spotting her.

The girl leaned forward, burying her face into Thanatos' creamy, white mane. "Did I do the right thing?" All she got in response was a neigh. She laughed weakly before scratching the base of the horse's neck. "I really wish you could talk and let me know if I truly am doing the right or wrong thing."

<-------<<<<<<<<<

In Lestallum, (Y/n) left Thanatos on the outskirts of town before walking to the Leville. Inside the hotel, she noticed no one was in the lobby and she made her way up to Iris' room. Opening the door, she peered inside and saw the young girl wasn't in the room. Scurrying around for her clothes, she found them nicely folded in the dresser. Grabbing them, (Y/n) dashed out of the room and down the stairs.

Leaving the Leville, Death stormed through the streets of Lestallum until she found her way to the main road and to the outskirts of town. Thanatos lied in wait exactly where (Y/n) had left him. Climbing onto the steed's back, Death held her clothes tightly to her chest. "Let's get going, Than. Wouldn't want to be anywhere near Lestallum once the boys return." Thanatos neighed as he reared his body before taking off.

<-------<<<<<<<

"Why would (Y/n) disappear on us like that?" Prompto mumbled sorrowfully as he scanned through the pictures he was able to take during their battle with the Wendigo.

"I don't know. Let's go back to Lestallum and see if she's there. If not..." Noctis didn't finish his sentence as he stared at the scenery they passed.

"If she doesn't want to be found, then don't go lookin' for her. We've got more royal arms to collect and then we have to take Iris to Cape Caem. We can't afford to spend all our time searching for (Y/n)," Gladio states calmly. "Altissia is our main priority, not (Y/n)."

"Dude, that's cold even for you," Prompto retorted.

"Altissia has always been our main goal. I'm just sayin' we shouldn't waste our time on (Y/n) when we've got more important things to do."

Noctis gritted his teeth, clenching his hand into a fist. He was tempted to punch Gladio in face, but he stopped when he went to swing at the brute and his fist nearly collided with the person who appeared in the middle seat. The prince's azure eyes were wide in shock as he saw the girl he almost punched glance in his direction. "So, you're the boy she mentioned."

Hearing the unfamiliar voice, Ignis slammed on the brakes. Everyone, except the strange girl, lurched forward in their seats at the sudden stop. The boys exited the Regalia and kept their distance from the stranger. The redhead stepped out of the car as the boys eyed her every move. Noctis glared at her as she crossed her arms. "Who the hell are you?"