|| Eighteen ||

A/n: As we're coming up to the end of this short book, I want to say that the ending won't match the game at all and I hope it'll be a nice change of pace. Hope you all enjoy this next chapter! Love you all!!!
~✨Celestial✨~
••••••••••••••••••••
On the boarding platform, Noctis glanced at the others. "You guys mind if we stop in Tenebrae?"

"I don't see why not," (Y/n) said, smiling at her boyfriend.

"Might as well hop off," Prompto said.

Gladio still didn't like the idea of stopping, but he couldn't say no. "If it helps him move on."

Noctis addresses Ignis before boarding the train and departing. "We're here for you."

Prompto nodded with a smile. "Yeah, let us help you."

"Don't hesitate to ask if you need a shoulder to lean on," (Y/n) added.

The boarding bell begins to ring, signaling the passengers to return. "And we're off!" Prompto cheered as he entered the train.

(Y/n) gave Ignis a helping hand and hooked their arms together. She helped him up the stairs, onto the train, and to a nearby seat. As the advisor sat down, she felt a chill crawl down her spine. Her head snapped up, staring at the door that led to the train car behind them. Unconsciously, she gripped Ignis' sleeve tightly as she fell into a trance.

"(Y/n), is there a problem?" The bespectacled advisor questioned at feeling her grip on his clothes.

Death jumped slightly as she snapped out of her petrified state. "I... I don't know. Excuse me for a moment." The Horseman releases her hold on the strategist and walks down the aisle to check out the next train car.

"Hey, (Y/n), where're you going?" Noctis asked as he stood from his seat.

"Going to check something out. I'll be right back," she responded before opening the door and entering the adjoining train car.

Stepping through the doorway, the other passengers eyed her as she walked down the aisle. Ignoring their stares, she followed the eerie presence to another train car until she reached one of the many dining cars. People were enjoying drinks at the bar while others ate at the booths. She glanced around at them as she felt the unsettling presence vanish. (Y/n) recognized the aura and who it belonged to, but she didn't spot the man that matched.

Seeing her flustered expression, one woman stood from her seat and approached her. "Are you alright, Miss?"

"Y-Yes. Excuse me." (Y/n) left the dining car and headed back to the others. When she didn't find the boys where she last saw them, the Horseman checked the remaining cars. Death remembered the number of the boys' cabin Prompto had graciously told her and decided to check that next. When the door slid open to the cabin, the train's brakes screeched loudly and (Y/n) lost her balance, causing her to fall. Glancing out the window as she got to her feet, she saw an army of magiteks marching towards the train. "Great..."

Death summoned her scythe, destroyed the window, and jumped out of the train. Further down the way, she spotted Noctis and Prompto fighting side by side. Slicing through a few MTs, (Y/n) saw tanks approaching and aiming at the train. Running as fast as she could, the Horseman concentrated her attacks on a single tank. Once she ruptured the engine, she jumped away and avoided the explosion. As the tank exploded, the large fire took a handful of magiteks with it.

(Y/n) eyed the two boys fighting as Noctis targeted another tank and Prompto shot a few MTs. When she saw the blonde's form, she knew something was off. She also took note of how his usually cheery banter was filled with a strange silence.