Water Fountain (Izuku Midoriya X Reader)

A/N: This is based off the song "Water Fountain" by Alec Benjamin. Enjoy!

"I love you."

Those were the only three words Izuku needed to be told that would send his heart into a frenzy.

They were standing by the water fountain in the local park, the summer night air blowing past them.

"You do? I- Me too!" Y/N raised a playful eyebrow as a smirk etched onto her lips. "I-I mean, I don't... Not me, I don't love me. You love me. Wait-!"

The H/C-haired girl pressed a finger to his lips, silencing him before he could could continue embarrassing himself.

"I understand," she said, slowly moving her hand from his mouth, letting it fall limp at her side. "I understand."

"Good!" He squeaked, putting on a grin. But a certain thought itched in the back of his mind, making it harder to concentrate, and his smile faltered.

"What's bothering you?" The girl questioned, catching onto his fallen expression.

"I just..." He paused, not sure how to put his thoughts into words without sounding jealous. "I thought you liked Kacchan."

Y/N giggled and shook her head. "Why would I? He's explosive, and conceited, and just–all together–not my type."

That was all the green-haired boy wanted to hear. He pulled her into a soft embrace, which she happily returned.

•••

The party was crowded, loud, and it smelt strongly of alcohol. Izuku was only there because Y/N had requested that he'd go with her.

But, she had had gone off to get a couple drinks and hadn't returned. And that worried him.

The boy stared down at his phone, attempting to drown out the surrounding noises.

But one particular sound caught his attention.

Y/N's laugh.

He immediately looked up from his cellular device, a wide smile on his face.

But it faded almost immediately when he saw what she was laughing at.

Katsuki Bakugou.

She had one hand resting on the ash blond's shoulder, and, in the other, she held a red solo cup filled with God knows what.

Izuku's heart clenched a bit at the sight.

He let his gaze fall back on the phone, checking the time.

10:15.

When he glanced back up, he had to do a double take.

Katsuki had his hand on her arm, slowly nudging her closer to him.

She smiled shyly, and they slowly began swaying to the music blaring in the background.

Bakugou was a terrible dancer. He moved like a drunk ostrich trying to act elegant.

Y/N on the other hand... Let's just say Izuku couldn't take his eyes off her. Her hips rocked from side to side, perfectly in sync with the song that was playing. She had her hands in the air and a wide grin on her lips.