Flirting (Shouto Todoroki X Reader)

"Y/N?"

The H/C-haired girl lifted her gaze from her food on the table to meet Shouto's heterochromatic eyes.

She smiled warmly, "Yes?"

Shouto felt his face get hot just at the sight of her grinning face. He looked down at his lap and cleared his throat. "Excuse me, if I'm bothering you, but I was wondering if you could help me with something?"

Y/N placed a hand on his shoulder, causing him to lift his gaze. "Of course, Shou! What do you need?"

The dual-haired male let out a long breath. "Will you teach me... Teach me how to flirt?"

Y/N let out an excited gasp, "Absolutely! I'm an expert on this kind of thing." She shifted to sit closer to her friend. "Who's the lucky girl?"

Shouto stiffened, "Um... Can we just get to the..."

"Yeah. Yes. Of course." Y/N closed her eyes and shook her head, "Sorry if I crossed a boundary."

"No worries," Shouto said.

"Let's start with flattery. You want to compliment the girl's hair, eyes, and smile. Unless she's super self-conscious about it, then don't bring it up. She'll put herself down, like: "Oh no, I hate my smile" and things like that. Then, she'll start feeling like she's not good enough for you. It'll ruin everything."

Shouto rubbed the back of his neck. "Hm, there's a lot more to this than I originally anticipated. Should I be taking notes?"

Y/N giggled, "No, I think you'll be fine."

Shouto smiled faintly at Y/N, "You have a nice laugh."

Y/N nodded her head rapidly, "That's perfect! Good job."

The dual-haired teen averted his eyes from the girl.

He hadn't said that as a practice run, he'd actually meant it.

"Next," Y/N began, reclaiming Shouto's attention, "Touch her."

Shouto's face broke out in a scarlet red blush.

Y/N's eyes widened in realization at what she had said, "Not-Not in that way! I meant subtle touches. Simple ones. Such as brushing your hand against her's, or stroking your fingers across her face."

Shouto relaxed slightly at her words and nodded as a signal for her to continue.

"If all goes well, you could even try running your hand through her hair."

Shouto had thought about that many times before. What it would feel like to touch Y/N's hair. What if would feel like to stroke his fingers across her face. What it would feel like to maybe kiss her lips. Her skin. He even went as far as imagining-

"Shouto?"

He shook himself from his perverted thoughts and blushed in embarrassment.

"My apologies. Did you say something?"

"I was just talking about pick up lines. They don't work on some girls. Some think they're funny. Some think they're cheesy. Overused. Flattering. Every girl is different," Y/N repeated.

Shouto hummed, "What's your outlook on pick up lines?"

"In my opinion, it depends on the creativity and the guy."

Shouto had researched pick up lines. As weird as it sounded, he had an entire list of them memorized for the sole purpose of... Well, using them on Y/N.

"Hey, do you have a few minutes for me to hit on you?"

Y/N blinked. "Huh?"

"My name's Shouto, but you can call me Tonight."

The girl narrowed her E/C eyes at him.

"Uh... If a star fell from the sky everytime I thought about you, the night sky would be empty."

Y/N nodded, "Oh, I get it! Keep going. These are great!"

"I can't taste my lips, could you do it for me?"

Y/N laughed.

"Don't tell me if you want me to take you out to dinner. Just smile for yes, or do a backflip for no."

"Those were perfect! I don't even think you ever needed my help!" Y/N gave Shouto a pat on the shoulder. "I thought you were actually using them on me for a second." She laughed nervously.

Shouto shook his head. "I wasn't," he lied.

Y/N smiled and got to her feet. "I gotta go. Good luck with that mystery girl!" And with that she bolted away, waving to Todoroki over her shoulder.

He sighed.

"That didn't work."

A/N: Just a random little one shot cause why not?

~MJ💕