Lights (Shouto Todoroki X Reader)

One of Y/N's favorite holiday traditions was watching the lighting of Christmas Village in the park near her house.

She had done it every single year with her aunt, who'd taken her out to get hot chocolate before going to see the lighting ceremony.

But, before her first year of high school began, her aunt passed away of an illness. And Y/N thought that was the end of that tradition.

Then, out of the blue, came Shouto.

The boy had been... Not stalking Y/N. He preferred the term 'studying from afar without her knowledge'.

And he noticed that something was off. He had popped the question after... Observing the E/C-eyed girl's conversation with one of her good friends, Ochako.

"Do you want to go to the Christmas lights with a few friends and I?"

"Oh, I usually did that with my aunt, and I just... I don't know if I'll be able to face it."

"Understandable. Talk to you later, L/N."

The H/C-haired girl waved sadly at her friend's retreating back before turning to leave.

"Oh!"

Y/N crashed into the chest belonging to Todoroki, who had been standing behind her as he waited for the conversation with Uraraka to end.

"My apologies," the dual haired teen mumbled, "But, I couldn't help but overhear that you aren't going to the Christmas lighting ceremony."

Y/N stared up at him for a moment before a sad smile spread across her lips.

She decided to ignore the fact that he was eavesdropping for a moment.

"Yeah, that was kind of my aunt and I's thing, and she passed-"

"Passed away before this school year began. Yes, I am aware."

Y/N looked down, biting her lip as the awkwardness settled in.

After a short moment of silence her spoke up, "But don't you think she'd want to continue going?"

He spoke cautiously, afraid of offending her.

"Why would you think that?" Y/N lifted her gaze, tears brimming in her eyes.

"Well," Shouto looked to the side, "It was a tradition. And, in my personal opinion, I feel as though it would be a pleasant way to honor her memory."

Y/N hummed at the idea. "That's... Actually a really good point." She turned around, "Ochako! Wai-"

Shouto's hand shot out and gently grasped Y/N's wrist to keep her from running after the brunette.

Y/N spun around, staring at Shouto with concern-filled eyes.

"Um... I actually..." He trailed off, a bit embarrassed to say it out loud. "I was wondering if you'd like to go with me."

"To the Village?" She asked, raising her eyebrows in slight shock.

"Yes." He looked down at her hand, which he still held in his own and quickly pulled it away, a light pink dusting his cheeks. "Yes. To the Village."

Y/N smiled slightly. She had never paid much attention to Shouto before. Mostly because he was quiet, and gave off this aura that made him seem unapproachable. But now, seeing him stand before her in such a vulnerable state, she decided, Why not?