Alone (Katsuki Bakugou X Reader) {Zombie Apocalypse AU}

The outbreak was harder for Y/N than it was for anyone.

She already had a crummy life before all of the infection madness broke loose. Her mother passed away before she was even old enough to speak. Her father addressed her as a burden rather than his child. Her siblings treated her poorly.

And the apocalypse was just the cherry on top of it all.

All the loneliness and silence had led to an endless string of thoughts. Awful thoughts.

About her family.

About the outbreak.

About herself.

And as those terrible ideas entered her mind and drained her of any hope that may have remained, she had unknowingly fallen into a state of emptiness.

Y/N was headed toward her apartment that she had been staying in ever since the infection took over the Earth. She used to live there with her family. Before the undead invaded, the small house would be filled with shouting. Yelling. Fighting. And, all at once, it disappeared. Leaving her with nothing but a quiet, empty, two bedroom apartment.

All alone.

She'd almost rather have her siblings there with her. Even though they'd be screaming at her, pulling at her hair, destroying her belongings. At least she wouldn't be by herself.

The H/C-haired girl was trudging along the side of a street, her backpack feeling heavy on her slumped shoulders.

It was only three months into the end of the world, yet everyone seemed to be gone. Infected. Or maybe dead. And Y/N was about ready to join them.

The cracked asphalt of the deserted street held all of the girl's attention as she dragged her feet at an agonizingly slow pace toward her home.

A scratchy growl up ahead met Y/N's ears, and she lazily lifted her head to see an infected woman stumbling toward her. She halted and reached to retrieve her knife from her back pocket, but she stopped herself.

This is what I've been waiting for.

She allowed her hand to fall limp at her side.

It's a win-win.

Y/N took a few steps forward, closing some of the distance between her and the rotting, brain-dead female.

This thing gets a free meal.

They were less than a yard away from one another.

And I don't have to go on like this.

Y/N's eyes fluttered to a close and she spread her arms, accepting defeat.

A grunt, a screech, and a cringe-worthy squishing sound filled Y/N's mind.

Wow, I thought that would be way more painful.

A huff filled the quiet atmosphere, "Are you fucking insane?"

Y/N's eyebrows furrowed. "God? Is that you?"

"Tch."

A flick met her forehead, causing her to crack open her dull, E/C eyes.

An ash blond boy with dirt smudges coating his face and a scowl on his chapped lips stood before her, scarlet eyes burning with an emotion Y/N couldn't read.

She looked around frantically, eyes wide in alarm. She hadn't moved an inch. She was still alive. "I'm-I'm not dead," she stated in disbelief.

"No shit." The boy rolled his eyes. "It's because I just saved your ass."

He stepped to the side so that Y/N could see the infected woman lying motionless on the ground behind him. A pool of maroon blood surrounded her decaying body.

Her hands moved up to tug at the roots of her H/C hair. "Why?" She asked him quietly, unable to tear her eyes from the horrific scene in front of her.

"Isn't it obvious?" He pointed to the corpse. "That thing was going to kill you."

"It was supposed to!" She yelled, and finally looked up at the stranger. Her eyes flooded with tears that she forcefully blinked away.

"You're kidding, right?" His eyes narrowed in disbelief.

"No! No. No, I'm not. I wanted to- It-It should've-" Y/N let out a strangled cry and turned from the guy, beginning to run off in the opposite direction.

He reacted quickly, leaping forward and wrapping his arms around her waist before pulling her back into his chest. She thrashed around in his arms. "Let me go!"

Tears flowed freely down her reddened cheeks as the energy drained from her body, leaving her lying exhausted in her savior's arms.

Y/N turned toward the ash blond and shoved him away before collapsing on the ground. She pounded her fists on the rough road underneath her, sobbing uncontrollably as she did so.

He looked around to make sure the girl hadn't attracted any unwanted attention before crouching beside her.

"Look, I know it's hard. The world sucks and all that shit. But how many people do you think are left?"

Y/N stopped.

"Not many, that's for sure. What if you and I are the last living people on the planet? What if you had just died there? That would be it. Life would be fucking over. I highly doubt this is accurate in any way, but what if it was up to you and I to restart the human race?"

Y/N lifted her head to look at the male. "We'd have to make babies to do that."

He glanced away briefly. "Yeah, so?"

"So, we'd have to have sex."

The ash blond puffed his cheeks out at her comment and nodded his head. "Yeah, you're right, but we don't know if there are other people out there, and that's exactly my point."

Y/N sat up and wiped stray tears from her face. "I understand," she sniffed.

He stood up and held his hand out for her to take. "What's your name?"

"Y/N," she answered, placing her palm over his.

"Katsuki," he responded before lifting her up onto her feet.

"Thank you. For saving me," she gave him a weak smile.

Katsuki shrugged and looked away, "Yeah, fucking- Whatever."

He turned and began walking away, hands stuffed in the pockets of his mud stained jeans.

Y/N watched him with sad eyes.

After a moment, he stopped and turned around, "Well? Are you fucking coming or not?"

Her face lit up and she jogged to catch up with Katsuki, falling into step beside him.

This is it, she thought.

I'm not going to be alone anymore.

A/N: I dunno how I feel about this one. If you liked it let me know. I enjoy writing about this type of stuff. I might even do one of these for Shouto, Izuku, Denki, and Eijirou. Mkay, yeah, peace.

- MJ