No Apologies Needed - Pt.1/4

She did it again. Your friend left you alone in the bar only to make-out with a cute guy she just met. So the plan is to go home. Except things rarely go as planned.

Then again, this change of plans in the form of a handsome stranger seems rather pleasant.

Until it doesn't.
(Inappropriate gif. I don't care. Reader expression, I guess :D)

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

You couldn't believe she had convinced you to do it again. You couldn't believe you had taken the bait, again.

A girls' night out, she had said. Just the two of us having drinks, she had said. No boys allowed, she had said.

The first brunette passing your table caught her attention, but Nicol had tried to be a good friend and keep her promise, ignoring his suggestive wink. You wanted to congratulate her for the restraint.

And then another one had come and you were left alone in the bar, just like always. You were so stupid. Why had you come here? You weren't exactly number one fan of bars. You just let Nicol tag you along, only to be abandoned. Every. Single. Time.

You finished your drink – the second one ever since your so called friend had left you – and considered taking off. You couldn't see Nicol anywhere, probably because she was having a wild make-out session with the hot brunette no.2, and you were feeling a bit tipsy yourself – which was never a good state. One more drink and you might make a decision you would regret lately. Also, walking New York's streets at night was bad enough itself; you didn't need to add your drunken ass in the mix.

You slipped into your jacket and swung you tiny purse over your shoulder, making your way along the wall to avoid the people who had got encouraged by alcohol enough to start some sort of a dance.

"This isn't funny at all," you heard someone behind you complain in what was almost a whine. You rolled your eyes at the male voice and pulled your purse closer as you felt the man's presence right behind you.

Yeah, getting mugged on top of all that, no, thank you. You quickened your pace, pushing past a girl who seemed to have more than enough; and you were not thinking alcohol. More like... you didn't even want to know.

Nicol, I really hope your boy-toy is freakin' worth it. You realized that you should shoot her a text at least – that you were heading to the apartment you two shared, for her to read when she wouldn't be... busy. With that thought, you headed to your salvation – the exit.

It was when you heard him again, the guy almost sneaking behind you; his voice sounded differently now, more resigned than annoyed. Desperate even.

"Dammit!"

A strong hand gripped your arm and you choked on air as the man spun you around swiftly.

"Hey-" you snapped at him – him being a hooded guy – your lungs gathering enough air to let out a scream.

"Please, play along."

Those words shocked you, but you had no time to question them as you were suddenly backed against the wall, the stranger's mouth on yours.

You gasped at the feeling, unintentionally parting your lips, only to meet his warm breath.

"Please," he whispered, his large hand cupping your cheek and at the surprisingly tender gesture, you allowed yourself to close your eyes, your rapidly beating heart slowing down just a little.

Somehow, your brain was working one hundred percent – at least certain areas, while others were just too drunk to function. You had got the message – he possibly didn't like the prospect of kissing you unexpectedly any more than you did and only did it because he was trying to get someone off of his back.