If You Stumble... Pt.2/3

2. Step Two

You had enough time to process what you had seen in the video, pulling yourself together, getting excited about your special date again. Agent Morales was a good driver, his skills allowing you to relax in your seat, a smile finding its way to your lips.

By the time he pulled over, you couldn't get out of the car fast enough – yet, someone beat you to opening the door, a hand being offered to assist you when stepping out.

One brief glance at the man and you were smiling even wider, accepting the hand.

"Madam," Steve greeted you softly as you climbed from the car.

He looked amazing. You had seen him in a suit before, but this one was... different somehow. It might have only been due to the decorative handkerchief in his front pocket and the wider tie with a knot you weren't seeing too often these days. Steve had his hair combed to side, old-fashion hair style, but it seemed as a bit of a clumsy job. While his appearance wasn't exactly the same you were used to, the warm twinkle in his eyes remained.

"Captain Rogers," slipped through your lips as you heard it too many time from your driver, making your soulmate blink in surprise, his shoulders tensing.

He gulped, his gaze shifting to the man who got out of the car.

"Captain Rogers," he echoed.

"Thank you, Agent Morales. I realize this is way below your pay grade."

The dark-haired man grinned. "Believe me, Captain, I had much worse assignments. Definitely with less pleasant company too. Enjoy your evening. Madam," he nodded in goodbye and you reciprocated the gesture, doors shutting.

You were left alone with your companion, face to face with the most handsome man you had ever met.

"What is the plan for tonight, Captain Rogers?"

Steve licked his lips, apparently catching your amusement when you saw him squirm a little under the title. This was the second time you called him his rank since you met – and both were today within this minute.

He composed himself fast enough though. "Madam. Seeing as we're about to spent an evening together, I believe you can drop the formalities."

Using his opportunity as he still held your hand, he kissed its back, his gaze never leaving your face. For some reason, you found it as adorable as... sexy. There, you said it. The way he looked, the demeanour... it made things to your core. Gentleman Steve was your new kink, though that could as well be because of Steve himself and your pilling sexual frustration with this man. And the fact you had fooled around a bit before and you knew the gentleman could vanish with a little effort, nearly tipping over the borders of politeness even.

"Mr. Rogers it is, then?"

"If you wish so," he smirked and followed by offering you his elbow to lead you inside...whatever this was. He addressed you with Miss and your last name then and you bit your lip at the shiver it sent down your body.

Why was it affecting you this much tonight? You had been playful like this before.

"Yes, Mr. Rogers?"

"You wouldn't know how to dance foxtrot, would you?" he asked nonchalantly, a spine-melting smile spreading on his lips when he saw the answer written all over your face, excitement lighting up your expression. Guess he couldn't see the twist of your stomach, the little insecurity,reminding you that you weren't the best dancer in the first place, taking too long to learn the simplest steps. You shook your head. "Swell. We'll learn together then."