Just a Human - Pt.1/3

Being a SHIELD recruit was a dream coming true, especially with people like Sergeant Barnes or Captain Rogers offering an input to your class' training.

Needless to say, it was also hard work for many different reasons. One of them being all those guys around; not all of them were exactly fit to become heroes, given the fact they were walking testosterone advertisements and not in a good sense of the words.

Maybe you shouldn't have pointed it out so openly though. Then again, what would the world turn into if you kept your mouth shut when feeling like speaking up?

-.-

Oops, I did it again. Righteous Steve versus sexists jerks; but I'm innocent, this fic practically writes itself. Here it is again. Guess this one is a bit different though. If nothing else, I threw Bucky in the mix.

Either way, hopefully it can make someone's day better despite the unoriginal title. Enjoy? :))

Warning for language and very clearly sexually frustrated jerks, later for minor violence.

-.-.-

1. A handful

"Can you believe the fucking nerve on him?!" Henry hissed, punching the bag harder and catching your attention. The statement was followed by his companion nodding grimly.

You tried to ignore the walking testosterone jerks; you never liked either Henry or Jim. The reason was simple - they were, as you loved to remind people, an advertisement on toxic masculinity. Bullies on top of that. The kind of people you wanted to avoid at all costs. You weren't that lucky to have that chance though.

So instead, you scoffed under your breath and continued your sit-ups series. You had more important things to do than wonder about what they were talking about this time.

It was your regular training session with the other SHIELD recruits led by Sergeant Barnes - which--oh my. When you had joined the academy, you had no clue that the director's 'you'll be learning from the best' mean that of all things. Trained by the more than once believed late James Buchanan Barnes. Everyone here knew his story - or at least some of it. The brainwashing. The murders. His heroics to make up for them as much as he could. His everlasting friendship and a nickname that was tied to it. Bucky; the very best friend of the oh so praised Captain America.

Oh, speaking of which, he joined the sessions too. You were being trained by not one, but two supersoldiers. You couldn't believe this was your life sometimes, but you were not the one to dwell on it. You just accepted it as a fact. Abso-fucking-lutely incredible fact.

"He's just a fucker, man. Forget about Barnes, you have Cassie in your pocket. Just 'cause he's all sticky sweet on her doesn't mean she'll suck his-"

You made a disgusting face, pushing harder to tune out the conversation. You wanted to gag and at the same time, your blood was boiling.

Could there be a jerk who was objectifying women more than Jim? A guy who was using his lower brain more frequently than him? Doubtful. You really wanted to throw up at rubbish that was leaving his mouth.

Not to mention that he was throwing dirt on Sergeant Barnes who absolutely didn't deserve it.

"-he's like that to all of them. The chicks. And they fucking dig him, it's disgusting. He makes the poor brainwashed kicked puppy face, reminding the sob story of his and they're all dropping to her knees I swear..." Jim continued and you squeezed your eyes shut, half furious and half guilty (the sergeant did have a heart-breaking backstory and many girls were making eyes on him, their hearts softened by the tragedy and his bravery, and you couldn't say it wasn't moving you as well, filling you with compassion - but compassion only).