Hug It Out - Pt.4/4

Final part. This one got a bit out of hand, though I don't think you'll mind. The last scenes kinda stretched against my will and I once again got over 10k words in total, but I decided to leave it that way :D Sorry?
-.-.-

4. Fancy a date?

As soon as you exited the elevator, you knew that this building was something else.

You found yourself in an enormous, blindingly bright lobby, a gigantic metal sculpture reminding you of an eagle (you supposed, American all the way, after all) in its middle. It was modern, airy, all glass and steel just like at the Y.S.O.P. Enterprise, but this...

The hall was pulsing with life. Tens of people were passing you, seemingly uninterested, but you could feel several gazes at your figure – you very obviously didn't belong here. There were several people dressed as official workers, but many more were dressed like... like they had just stepped out of an action thriller. Spies.

What the hell did you get yourself into? Seriously.

"Hey," a casual female voice from behind you snapped you from your musing. You spun to her immediately, met with a sight of Natasha in... a combat gear? Probably? You were no expert, but she was dressed in black and had a gun holster – with a gun – on each of her thigh, so you guessed that this was her spy uniform or whatever. You gulped despite her lopsided grin; she looked fucking intimidating. "Glad you could make it. Honestly wasn't sure you would."

She held out another visitor's pass for you and you reluctantly took it, half expecting it to blow up or something.

"Neither was I," you admitted, putting that thing on your neck. Natasha made a face at your confession.

"That's fair. This way."

The spy made a U-turn and beckoned to you to follow her. With a helpless shrug, you did. It wasn't like you had an option. You didn't like the prying gazes on you and... truth to be told, you were actually fine with her handling you like this.

Blunt. To the point. Not barking around though. It was better than a fake smile plastered on her face. She seemed... guarded, yet somehow natural. She was a tough one to read, which intrigued you, you weren't gonna kid anyone.

You shook your head and quickly fell into step with her before she could disappear. You wouldn't wanna get lost here. For one, the building (base?) seemed like an enormous labyrinth and for two, there were way too many people with a gun at their hand – prepared to use it and probably quite capable with it. Since Natasha seemed to have respect among them, deflecting the prying eyes... yep, you were perfectly fine with her leading you through.

You stepped with her into yet another elevator, both of you applying a card to the device next to the entrance. The tiny screen lighted up with her name 'Natasha Romanov', and right after that with yours along with the sign 'visitor'.

Your mouth fell open to ask how the fuck was that possible; you were pretty sure you hadn't tell anyone you last name-

"We're spies. We know things. Get over it," she winked at you as the door closed and you just huffed a hysterical laugh, earning an amused smile.

"If it makes you feel any better, it was me who did the background check. Not Steve. He doesn't even know you're here."

At that, you bit your lip, your eyes absently falling on the glassy ceiling of the lobby under you. Because of course the elevator walls were glass too. Probably bulletproof.

Don't freak out.

"Yes, I kinda figured that one out," you murmured, wondering what Steve was gonna do when seeing you.