"Heycanipleasehaveyournumber"

*Jimin POV*

I stared at my laptop screen in front of me, re-reading the questions and my answers, making sure to fix any spelling errors in the process. My mind was jumbled with all different thoughts. Will I get it? Is it worth it? What if I'm not good enough? Sighing, I shook my negative thoughts away, and stared at my finger hovering over the 'submit' button. Come on, it's your favorite dance academy, it's now or never. You moved all the way here solely for this reason. Just do it. My mind battled against my doubts, until I quickly clicked 'submit' as a note on my screen popped up saying I have successfully submitted my Highland Dance Of Arts application.

Theres still three months of school left. But my impatience got the best of me. It says i'll be hearing back from them by the end of my senior year. I was annoyed i'd have to wait that long, but it's my fault I entered so early. I couldn't help but feel stressed out even more. If I don't get accepted, my whole reason for moving here is a lie. I'll be a nobody.

I flopped down on my bed, and stared at the blank ceiling. Whats the point? Whats the point of even signing up when i'll never be good enough? No matter how many times my friends always try to encourage me, I can never take it to heart. I also haven't been practicing a lot lately. Maybe thats what I need. Something to clear my mind.

I grabbed a sweatshirt, since it's going to get dark soon, and threw on a pair of shoes, getting ready to leave. Grabbing my keys, i exited my apartment, and drove off in the direction of the local dance studio. As I pulled in, I let out a sigh of relief when I realized that it was empty at this time of night.

I entered the dimly lit building, immediately finding the large studio. The whole wall facing the parking lot and street was glass, with the studio door beside it. The floors where a light brown color, with the studio lights ahead reflecting off of it. At the opposite side of the glass, was one big mirror covering the whole wall, along with another door next to it, leading to the front desk. Luckily, the studio was open twenty four seven, so I have all the time to practice.

After doing the necessary stretches, I pressed play on the slow piano song, and began working on the contemporary piece my old instructor had tried to teach me back home. It started off fluent, as I my feet landed gracefully with each stride and jump, as I let the music consume me, and my movements. When I got towards the ending, the instructors voice began to echo in my thoughts "Your too weak."... "Your hopeless" ... "You'll never be as good as the rest of the class" ... Suddenly, I grew angry with myself, momentarily forgetting the choreo, and landing harshly on the next jump, the noise echoing in the empty studio.

Before I could let the angry tears flow, the sound of clapping coming from behind me filled my ears. Shocked, I spun around to the source of the noise, my face going pale. Their, stood Star, leaning against the door next the the glass window, clapping slowly, with a small smile on her face. The first thing I noticed was her attire. She was dressed very differently then I had ever seen her before at school. She had on a pare of polkadot fluffy pajama bottoms, along with the typical bunny slippers, and an oversized pink hoody. Her blue hair was down and messy, and her face was makeup free. She looked adorable.Innocent. Almost fragile. I suddenly had a protective urge consume me. Like she was a precious flower, that I must keep safe. I don't know why, but I knew I would not let anything happen to her. Even though I'm sure she can take care of herself.

Blinking my eyes, I tried to wrap my head around what I was seeing. She suddenly spoke up "I didn't know you could dance" She smirked at me, and I gulped down my nervousness. Why does she make me so nervous? "Uh, I guess I just never got around to saying anything" I scratched the back of my head nervously, like I was caught doing something I shouldn't have. My vision drifted over to the outside, and to my surprise, it was almost pitch black, the only source of light being the street lamps. How did she get here? I grew worried, until she answered my question for me "I couldn't sleep, so i decided to take a walk. I noticed the lights on in here, and decided to be nosy." She took a walk? Alone? In the dark? I shook my head at her recklessness, and mumbled out, not meaning for her to hear "Only you would do that"

There was a moment of silence, before I looked up at her. She had an indescribable expression in her face,Like she was amused. After working up the courage, I asked her "Um... would you like a ride? You know, back to your place?" Her face bloomed into a smile, and she chuckled " I thought you'd never ask." Sighing out in relief, I replied "I wasn't going to let you walk home alone anyway" She rolled her eyes, and began to exit the studio, with me scrambling to catch up with her. "Well, Chim Chim, if I wasn't mistaken, I would think that you were worried about me?" I choked on air. Did she just call me Chim Chim? I blushed at the thoughts that evaded my mind. Stupid hormones.

We entered my car with her in the passenger seat, and me at the steering wheel, my palms sweating nervously. "Our place it just down the road from here, I'll tell you when" Our? Who does she live with? Oh no, maybe she has a boyfriend. I'm such an idiot, of course she has a boyfriend. She's way out of my league. I suddenly heard her chuckle from beside me. "I don't have a boyfriend, if thats what your thinking" Was is that obvious I was thinking that? I'm such a loser. Too embarrassed to say anything else, I only kept quiet. She spoke up again "I live with Jen, if you must know" She said teasingly. I admit, I released a relieved sigh at that moment. I don't know why that was comforting to here.

The whole ride I tried to keep my eyes on the rode, but I was hard considering the girl siting next to me. She's so beautiful, that I kept stealing glances here and there. I blushed when she caught me staring, and focused back on the road. "Here" She pointed to a two story apartment building, just a couple blocks down from my place. I parked at the side of the driveway, and wiped my sweaty palms on my pants. For a minute, we both sat in silence, neither of us knowing what to say next. Deciding that I should be the confident one for once, I sucked in a breath, and asked a little too quickly "Heycanipleasehaveyournumber" Her eyes widened, and she turned to me, chuckling "What was that?" Okay, now she's just teasing me. I repeated, slower this time. "C-can I have your number? You know, so we can keep in touch for the tutoring sessions and whatever" I stuffed my hands in my pockets to make it look like it's no big deal, when it's actually a huge deal. To me at least.

She smiled, and held her hand out. My eyes widened, and I hurriedly pulled out my phone, setting it in her hand. She typed away, and i notice a small smile slip her lips, before she handed it back, and opened the car door. I stared after her, my phone gripped tightly in her hand. Just before she shut the door, she said "Thanks for the ride Chim Chim" Finally, she then tossed me a wink for good measure, leaving me speechless once again, as I watched her all the way until she shut her door.

A victorious smile broke across my face, as I checked my phone, looking for her number that she put in. As I was scrolling though my contacts, I noticed the contract name she set herself as. It read 'Playgirl' along with a heart emoji beside it. I gulped, and looked back up at her house, then back to my phone. This girl is going to be trouble. I can already tell.