Blood

It surrounds me, trapping me in. This is the first time I've ever hated my enhanced senses.

I can't breathe. I don't want to open my eyes- I'm too afraid of what I'll see. The smell is so strong it makes my nose burn, like it's on fire. It hurts so much I can't get a grip on myself. All I can do is just continue to scream, letting out my agony with the only way I know how to.

Then suddenly, the smell dissipates. It's replaced with a fresh scent of the morning dew and the first snow of winter. I want to bury myself in it. I want to drown in it forever. I would do anything, absolutely anything, to escape the hell before.

You could tell me to jump off a cliff, and I'd do it just to get away from the smell.

I open my eyes to see a dark figure bent over me, the white ceiling about ten feet above. My arms are clasped tightly around the back of the figure. I can no longer smell the sickening stench of blood, but only the fragrance that had saved me, dragging me out of hell to heaven.

My arms slowly fall back to my sides, and the figure straightens, anxiety in his stormy dark eyes. "V." I say quietly, and he licks his lips. "I'm sorry." He answers back, voice filled with regret and guilt. "I should've never made you kill. You weren't ready, and I should've known." For the first time, he doesn't hold anything back. Emotions flash rapidly across his face, so many at once I struggle to register it all.

"It's not your fault that I overreacted. Besides, I'm betting it was just a one-time thing." His face turns ashen at my words, and I know immediately something is wrong. "What is it, V? Tell me." He glances at me, as if it's unbearable for him to even look at me. "You have a severe case of hemophobia, Kir. And it's definitely not a one time thing. It will stay with you forever." My heart stops at the word.

Fear of blood.

I stutter. "That can't be true. From just that....how am I going to—" He suddenly whips over to me, fire flashing in his eyes. "Don't deny it. I saw you scream and thrash for hours until they injected heavy doses of sedatives— and still you wouldn't stop shaking. Skies, Kir. Do you have any idea how much you scared me?" My mouth closes in an instant, and then I realize how bloodshot his eyes are, how exhausted he looks as he draws a hand over his face.

"You need rest, V." I mutter in concern. He looks like he's about to collapse any moment. "Don't be stupid. I'm fine. You're the one that's just been through hell and back. Shouldn't you be worrying about yourself more?" Flushing, I quickly brush through my tangled hair with my fingers.

"But you're the one that looks like you've been through hell and back."

"Don't play with me, Kir. Not right now."

My eyes dart towards a syringe, filled with a sedative to knock someone unconscious instantly. On a normal day, V would've noticed long before I inject the needle into his skin. But today, he's different. He's too drained, too unfocused.

So when he does realize, it's too late.

"Kirelei Cross." My name is sluggish on his lips, but I can sense the anger and frustration underneath the effects of the drug. "What have you done to me?" But before he can say the rest, V is out cold on the bed. Perfect. That way, he can get some peaceful rest without beating himself up over me.

Like second nature, I adjust the pillow under his head, stretching the blanket over his unconscious body. His head tilts to the side, and his dark hair spills to cover his closed left eye. V's arm curls unconsciously around an extra pillow, hugging it tightly to his chest.
With all that, I easily deem sleeping V as the most cutest thing I'd ever seen in my eighteen years of age.

And he looked so scary when I first met him a year ago.

The thought makes me giggle childishly. No one would think that this twenty year old could harm a fly, let alone be a master of the arts of combat and weaponry.

I sigh.

But of course, appearances can be so deceiving sometimes.

Love u readers!!!!