Regret

V's POV

"Then I guess I'm still stupid."

Her eyes are watery as she turns around, and I briefly catch the faint sparkle of tears.

Skies no.

Then she leaves without another word, slamming the door firmly behind her.

Wait. Don't go.

"What have I done?" I sink weakly into the chair, staring blankly straight at the tightly shut door.

I didn't mean any of the things I'd said to her. I'd just said them out of the spur of the moment, from my anger, my rage.

Why would you lie to her, you damn idiot? You love her more than anything else in the world. Did you want it that much to hurt her?

And that wasn't even the worst part. It would've been so, so much better if she'd reflected my vicious words, if she had spat that she was wrong to love me in the first place.

But that was the problem.

She didn't.

Instead, she had told me that she basically still cared for me, still loved me.

And that alone tore my heart apart.

I distantly feel Jungkook place his hands on my back for

I distantly feel Jungkook place his hands on my back for... consolation? Comfort? I don't know, and I don't care. Nothing could change what I'd said to her, and right now, I didn't deserve to be consoled.

I'd completely forgotten why I'd yelled at her in the beginning, and the strange thing is, I never forget anything. I don't miss not even the tiniest, most insignificant detail, let alone the reason why I'd just exploded on Kir.

Why did I just tell her I didn't love her?

Why did I say all those things I didn't mean?

"Jungkook," My voice sounds so vulnerable to my ears, and without doubt, Jungkook notices as well. He closes his arms more tightly around me, making my eyes well with tears.

Why are you consoling me? You should be with her, Kook.

"What do I do? I don't know what I should do."

I've never cried before, not in my entire life. When my parents died by a car crash when I was three, I hadn't even given a damn. Even when Jungkook and I were torn away, I didn't cry. I hadn't shed a single tear for anyone ever, and now I was.

God, I'm so damn stupid.

"Tae...." Jungkook draws me closer, so my head is buried into his gray jacket. I keep my head down, ashamed of myself for letting my emotions shatter so easily.

But I don't think I care anymore.

I regret everything that ever came out of my mouth, and I wish I can turn back time so desperately I'd be willing to take a torture session just for a five minute turnback.

But I can't.

I've never felt so powerless my entire life as I stand there, getting comfort from Jungkook, who I'm supposed to be taking care of, be strong for.

It's like he reads my mind.

"You're not God, Tae. You can't keep in your emotions in check forever, you know. That's just impossible. Right now, what you can do though is to go after her. Hunt her down, wherever she may have run to. You've tracked down so many stealthy thieves and criminals in your life- it's a piece of cake for you to catch a chipmunk. And when you get your hands on her, let her know that your love is unchanging for her." Jungkook makes a snapping noise with his fingers.

"And just like that, you guys are back together, inseparable and superglued to each other's lips."

I can't help but let out a small chuckle at Jungkook's words. He knows me so well- he could cheer me up even when I'm in my darkest, deepest times without failure.

"You're right, Kook. Thank you."

"Anytime for my favorite couple. I really ship the two of you together- the last thing I want is that boat to sink."